“So glad we decided to stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

Suntide III Condominiums
3000 Gulf Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“So glad we decided to stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I would reccomand Suntide lll to all my friends. Just a short walk to the beach. Every room faces the ocean, great view any time of the day.

Spa and whirl pool available also work out area. Tennis courts and ballyball available. Inside heated pool, great!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our first time to South Padre (Aug. 23 - 26, 2012), so we really didn't now what to expect. We stayed in unit 1006. There was 6 adults and a 1 year old baby. I have to say we had the best experience ever. Suntide III is an excellent place to stay in. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and made you feel really welcome! The place was super clean and the condo we stayed in was perfect. Super comfortable,very relaxing, wonderful view to the beach, you name it.
We will come back here in a heart beat. Amazing experience! The people at Suntide III made it that much special for us to want to come back. Thank U for the great experience!!!!

Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed in unit 607 for our very first real family vacation. We had my husband and I, our three small children (3,2, and 2 months), my sister in law, and my mother and father in law. It was maybe a little tight, but we still felt like we had enough space.

We had SUCH a good time. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Everything was clean. This complex is as close as you can get to the beach, with a nice boardwalk out there. When I saw that the place had two pools as I was booking this trip, I figured we wouldn't need them since the ocean was right there. We actually loved the pools and used them frequently as a nice break from all the sand.

Our actual unit was very nice. My sister in law slept on the couch and said it was really comfortable. The mattress on the king sized bed was overly soft for my husband and I, but it was decent enough. The pots/pans were a little beat up, but they worked fine for just a week. I loved the multiple flat screen tvs, and REALLY appreciated the washer and dryer being right in the unit. We used those every day.

I do wish the unit had its own wifi. I was able to find an open unsecured network but it was pretty spotty. Also, the shower heads were really low. Low enough that my 5'3" sister in law commented on it, and my poor 6'1" husband had to stoop to get his head wet.

Overall we really had a fantastic trip and just loved Sun Tide III. If we visited S. Padre again we would definitely stay here!

Room Tip: I would not want to stay in the "04" rooms as it looks like those are all directly in fron...
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We arrived after check in time to be told our unit was not ready. AFter checking we discovered the water was not working in the unit ( and building). Called the front desk and was told it was a "city" issue, when asked why the front desk clerk failed to mention there was a problem with the water, I was told she tried to tell me. Not true, not a peep about not being able to use the restroom in our condo. We went out to dinner and found the water and toilets to be working in the city without problem. Thankfully the water problem was corrected when we returned. However, I noticed the floors in the kitchen and bathrooms were not clean...probsably because they didn't have water to mop the tile floors? Another issue we had was the lack of parking at the condo and the unwillingness of the staff to enforce their BY PERMIT ONLY policy. On numerous occasisions, we had to park offf property and lug our groceries and such across the street to our unit. There were oftern as many as 6 cars illegally parked at Suntide III. The management response was, " People get mad when their cars get towed." No kidding??? Well, I was perturbed that as a paying customer I could not park in the parking lot of the condo I was staying at. Overall, the service and facilties have gone down hill so significantly since Hurricane Dolly hit many years ago. We will never, ever stay here again. It's too bad because their location is prime.

Room Tip: Try Saida or the Sapphire.
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here again 8/1/12 to 8/8/12. Stayed in 607 this time. A decent room but the first two I had were better. Kitchen cutlery, plates, cups were a little beat up. Good assortment of pots and pans. On a scale of 1 to 10 the room was a 6. Could never complain about the view though. Slept with the curtains open and awoke to the most amazing ocean sunrise every morning. Always a little more pricey than the hotels but rooms are bigger, you save on eating out, and when you do the math I think its the same. Will come again and again but maybe a different room next time.

Room Tip: read the reviews, look at the photos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Has a great beach front I've been coming here since I was a little kid and I've been coming to suntide III AS LONG AS I REMEMBER! They have 2 tennis courts, basketball hoops, a new fitness center, a nice little Pool, and and computer room.Overall this place is great

• Stayed August 2012
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My family takes a family vacation every summer to different beaches along the gulf coast. This year we decided to try South Padre Island. We have 6 adults and 1 child that travel with us, so we needed a three bedroom condo. We booked at the last minute so we didn't have too many available options. We stayed in room 106 which is a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom condo. The pictures online looked decent so we decided to go for it. Overall, this complex is average, at best. There are many other complexes on the island that are much nicer, newer, and cost only a little bit more. If we ever return to South Padre Island, we will not stay at the Suntide III. We will probably stay at the Saida Towers, The Pearl, or The Sapphire. Those three looked the best to us.

Pros:
- decent location
- all rooms have a beach front view
- complex is on the beach
- spacious room and nice patio area
- well equipped kitchen
- room 106 is on the ground floor with easy access to the pool and beach boardwalk
- indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub
- nice beach area
- free use of a business center with computers
- washer and dryer in the room

Cons:
- VERY DIRTY AND OUTDATED
- Very little parking
- Staff was not helpful

My main complaint about this place is that it was not clean. We knew, before arrival, that it was not going to be the nicest complex on the island. However, we were really just looking for a decent and clean place to stay for a few nights. When we were allowed in our room- we noticed the room was not very clean. Chips and popsicle wrappers from the previous guests were still on the floor. The floors of the condo were also very dirty. We stayed for 3 nights and found 4 or 5 LIVE roaches!! And a few other dead bugs as well. Disgusting. The beds were uncomfortable. The complex is not well kept. Their dumpsters are located in the front of the complex under the covered parking area so the whole place reeks of rotten trash (so bad at times that you have to hold your nose to avoid gagging). It's very outdated. The furniture in the condo was old. Some of the TVs in the room didn't work and the main TV in the living room had no remote and the channel button on the TV would not work either. There are hardly any parking spots. The lady at the front desk admitted that there is not enough parking for all the guests. When we asked her where we could find additional parking, her response to us was "good luck."

While on the island we ate at Louie's and Blackbeard's. The food at Louie's was not good but very expensive. After dining here, we found out that this place is the most popular bar during Spring Break for college kids. Obviously their focus is not on preparing decent food.

Blackbeard's was a decent place to eat. All of the food on the island was very over priced- but at least this place served good food. Expect to pay around $20/pp at most restaurants.

Overall our visit to South Padre Island was good. We were just expecting it to be nicer than it was. This island is definitely a place for college kids/ Spring Breakers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Suntide III Condominiums? Share your experiences!