“Worst reservation system ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Bella Resort

You added Casa Bella Resort to your Saves list
Casa Bella Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5601 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597 (Formerly Casa Bella Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Worst reservation system ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Please stay away from this place. I booked a room at this place three weeks ahead and asked if we could cancel. They said yes as long as it was 24 hours in advance. I called to cancel 7 days before the stay and they first said I couldn't cancel and then said I would have to pay a $25 fee. Now catch this, they charged me tax on the $25 bringing it to $28. This is the biggest rip off ever. I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked this place. Please, please, stay away from this place. These people are not honest.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
rubenreyes, Manager at Casa Bella Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
I am so sorry to see that our cancelation terms caused you such grief, I have joined Americas Best Value Inn to better suite the needs of our guests, we have new Terms in Place that I am certain you will be happy with. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Ernest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edinburg, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Last weekend my family and I stayed at the Casa Bella in South Padre Island, TX. The room was great. Very clean, neat, air conditioner was freezing, and each room had a view of the pool and jacuzzi. We were also right on the water (bayside) and had access to a covered fishing pier which also had boat docks available. This along with very courteous service, coninnental breakfast, and a great location. We were walking distance from shops, restaurants and bars. It was a great value for the price and we will definitely stay there again! In fact I recommended it to some extended family and they also rented rooms and joined us for some fishing, so it was great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
I am so happy to read that tou enjoyed your stay. We recently joined Americas Best Value Inn so that we may continue to give our guests great service at affordable prices. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may continue to show you what true guest service is all about.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We arrived late...unbeknownst to us SPI was having their annual sand castle contest. The room was filthy ... dirty tub, the toilet had not been cleaned. The 3/4ths of toilet paper had been used...why bother.?
The mildew was overwhelming...and the AC was a welcome respite.
The most shocking and disgusting of this so called hospitable establishment is that the Managers TURN OFF the AC at 9am if you are checking out at 11am.

After arriving late, and dealing with a nasty and dirty bathroom with see through oversized hand towels that were terribly worn ...I simply wanted to sleep but was awoken by the Mugginess and dampness that choaked me ... Because the management chooses to wake people By turning off the AC.
Which is inhumane. I have an elderly parent who was so upset by their uncharitable ways.

I called the mgr to let them know that the AC was not working ...and they said we turned your AC off...because your check out is in 3 hours.

I had to beg them to keep it on again but they wouldn't saying I was up now so I should be on my way.

I explained that I arrived after 12 and was looking forward to sleeping in...and that I have an elderly parent whose health is being compromised let alone having to argue over something so trivial.

This dump has switches that turn off the power to your AC from their office. The hotel business is about hospitality there none at this embarrassment of a place.
Shisters! Fraudulent practice. Do not stay here. Beware!

• Stayed September 2010
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I have spoken with my staff, and have put new policies in place to make sure that this does not happen again, We recently joined Americas Best Value Inn so that we may continue to give our guests great service at affordable prices. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may continue to show you what true guest service is all about.

Harlingen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

was satisfied with room,, despite reading other reviews of dirty rooms and crappy towels, our experience was the opposite. the only thing that drove me crazy was the ill-fitting king sized sheets,, they popped off the bed everytime you sat on it,,, would definately stay here again, but will bring properly sized sheets from home

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed. We recently joined Americas Best Value Inn so that we may continue to give our guests great service at affordable prices. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may continue to show you what true guest service is all about.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Took hubby for his Birthday, excited about the jacuzzi tub. Checked into our room, immediately smelled the smell of mildew but tolerable, decided to run water in the tub and get in, tub didn't work, called front desk and they said punch the button on top, there was a hole where a button should be, told her we tried that and it "doesn't work" she said she would come over and check. Came in and checked "didn't work" she said that the room next door was available and if we wanted to move the tub worked in that room. We moved and the That room was a little better and the tub worked. Towels very thin, almost like rags, sheets also thin almost like rags. It was clean and painted at the hotel.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We recently joined Americas Best Value Inn so that we may continue to give our guests great service at affordable prices. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may continue to show you what true guest service is all about.

texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

When we first walked into our room their was an odor that was beyond bad. Mildew growing on the carpet under the a/c unit and on the fridge. The jaquzzi did not work, and to top it off, the sheets had more than a couple of bloody spots on them, it had more than a COUPLE OF HANDS full, the smallest being a quarter in size and the largest would make you gag!!! The towels, paper thin that they were, also had numberous blood and other, what one could only assume, bodily tissue!?! We went to Wal-Mart and bought febreeze, bleach, gloves towels and sheets. Why did we continue or stay, the entire island was booked. Then, when you think it can't get worse it does, they allow not 4 to 6 people in each room but more than 11. The guest on this particular weekend were allowed to move there large parties of 20 plus guest, ranging from all ages,to various parts of this hotel. The guests moved their tables, chairs, and anything else not nailed down outaside on the walk ways in front of their rooms and ours. They stayed in the pool until at least 2 or 3am, and were allowed to play loud music, and car alarms went off all the time. We have small children and made other arraingements for them to stay with family at another hotel (LaQuinta). We would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Room was nice, had a microwave, refrigerator, a ceiling fan, slept 6, but towels were literally rags! They were stained, they had holes and even a burned spot on a wash cloth. They were so thin you could see through them and so rough it was like using a loofah to dry yourself. No coffee pot, no blow dryer, no iron, no ironing board, and no internet access. We will never stay there again and I will make sure not to recommend this place to anyone. After seeing all the other bad reviews, I now see why they had vacancies. We wanted to go somewhere else, but they would not cancel our reservations and refund our money because the rooms had been reserved and paid for online. No receipt was given at checkout, they said we had to get one online.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Casa Bella Resort? Share your experiences!