I forgot to make a reservation where we usually stay for the weekend so when we arrived at the island we had to go by various hotels in search of vacancy. The receptionist at Casa Bella said they had only 2 rooms left (king bed with jacuzzi), one of those had a messed up fridge, but everything else in the room was good. They said we could take that room for $99 a night (as opposed to $149). We took it.
Staff service: The lady at the reception desk was very nice. We didn't need to interact with staff much, which is probably a good sign. No major issues.
Continental breakfast: Was not at all impressive. They also had a sign that said guests are not allowed to take breakfast to the rooms, but their breakfast area is tiny! They only have one table with some chairs and another cramped area with some chairs. The sign even said if they found signs of breakfast in the rooms, they would charge an extra $5 on your bill. This really upset me. They also have two small tables outside. I really didn't like that they won't let you take breakfast to the room. They did have those Texas waffles I like. :) A
Room condition: The room was alright. It was not dirty. The jacuzzi looked clean enough, but we didn't use it (I have a thing against using public pools, jacuzzies, and such...that's just me). The bed was not all that great...I could feel the springs, but not so much that I couldn't sleep. The room was comfortably large. The bed didn't have enough pillows and the pillows were flimsy.
Overall, had I paid the full price, $149, I would have been unhappy about the bed and continental breakfast. It wasn't bad, but I will only stay there again if I forget to make reservations where I usually stay.
Note: I must say it was odd that when we arrived, the receptionist lady said they were full and only had 2 rooms left, but the next morning a different receptionist mentioned they didn't have a lot of people staying there that weekend. I'm not sure what to make of that.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites Casa Bella Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites Casa Bella Hotel South Padre Island
- Casa Bella Hotel
- Hotel Casa Bella
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Casa Bella Resort, the newest resort hotel on South Padre Island, is located on the water channel. It is our goal to provide quality, affordable, and unforgettable accommodations during your stay. Our Mediterranean-style courtyard features a swimming pool with ever-changing tinted lights, a relaxing hot tub, beautiful landscaping surrounded by romantic balconies with palm trees that sway in the breeze. Our lovely rooms come either with one king and two queen beds, desk & chair, microwaves, refrigerators, and twin sofa sleepers. Be sure to ask for the hot tub room which sports a king size bed and a separate Jacuzzi tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Vantage Hospitality, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Casa Bella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.