“NO SLEEP :( BEDS SUCK........got screwed over 150$ CRAPPY MATTRESSES, all they offered was to change to another crappy mattress\” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Bella Resort

You added Casa Bella Resort to your Saves list
Casa Bella Resort
5601 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597 (Formerly Casa Bella Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

NO SLEEP :( BEDS SUCK........got screwed over 150$ CRAPPY MATTRESSES, all they offered was to change to another crappy mattress\Room. Had to take out our sleeping bags to sleep on. DO NOT COME HERE! 0300....sleepless customer.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed here for a week during the off season, Feb 2012. The weekly rate was the best Ive ever had and the staff was friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a wonderful time and I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

We drive into the hotel on a jam packed memorial day weekend and they're empty... That's weird, this is why. We got our room keys and headed up to the room and smack!! You are hit my a moldy wet smelling room. Hearing how bad the reviews were of the managers charging people for dirty rooms an towels( you even sign a rental agreement on this) I decided to take pictures of everything dirty or wrong with the room here's what I found... Dirty towels, only a bar of soap no toiletries ( thank god we packed our own) the lamp shades had an inch of dust and dirt on them, marker/paint/scuffs and marks all over the walls, dirty severely stained desk chair, and a spit ball on our wall... The place looks nothing like the pictures they show, there was no breakfast, far from the beach. The next two nights we stayed at suites and sunchase and it was amazing!!! A bit more expensive but very nice staff , rooms, and beds! If you see this hotel please save yourself and keep driving...

• Stayed May 2011
rubenreyes, Manager at Casa Bella Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, I have looked at the issues that you mentioned and have met with my staff, and have made sure that they have been resolved. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Carlsbad, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We made the mistake of not booking soon enough to come down here, found a room, would have been better if we had not. The room ad no amenities except soap, threadbare towels and shampoo in a "ketchup" pack. Security is good, but it would be nice if they told you up front that the room will not be serviced during the stay except for towels.

Plan ahead and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, we have looked at the issues that you mentioned have retrained our staff so that no one ever has to go through this again. We will I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Bad Pyrmont, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

When we arrived we were told that breakfast would be from 8 to 10 the next morning. Then we found the office was closed from about 7pm that night to 9am the next morning. Thanks to the house keeper we got breakfast at 8.50 am. The rooms are dark and not very inviting. There were no hair dryers and out of 3 rooms 1 had a coffee machine. The location is ok, not too far from the convention and birding center and one can walk to a couple of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, I have looked at the issues that you mentioned and have met with my staff, we will always make sure that Breakfast is served on time, and that all our our guests are met with welcomed open arms. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Please stay away from this place. I booked a room at this place three weeks ahead and asked if we could cancel. They said yes as long as it was 24 hours in advance. I called to cancel 7 days before the stay and they first said I couldn't cancel and then said I would have to pay a $25 fee. Now catch this, they charged me tax on the $25 bringing it to $28. This is the biggest rip off ever. I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked this place. Please, please, stay away from this place. These people are not honest.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to see that our cancelation terms caused you such grief, I have joined Americas Best Value Inn to better suite the needs of our guests, we have new Terms in Place that I am certain you will be happy with. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Ernest

Been to Casa Bella Resort? Share your experiences!