For our first experience with the fabled South Padre Island culture we decided to splurge a bit on a Holiday Inn. Turns out they were very reasonable, especially for a resort destination! On January 20 and 21, 2014 we were charged less than $90/night for two queen beds, (pretty good beds!) with outdoor hot tub, heated outdoor pool, flat screen TV, wonderful hot breakfast, interior hallways, elevator, and free parking. There is a marked 1 ½ block walking path to the beach. The culture of this inn, and this community, reflects an appreciation of winter Texans which we hope to become eventually, and they provide an even more spectacular rate if you stay 30 days or more (Plus, in Texas, staying more than 30 days excuses you from the hefty Texas hospitality tax about 18 percent if memory serves.). We can not say enough about this lovely inn. The breakfast room already in January- was filled with winter Texans, all of whom wanted to include us in their activities. The hotel itself sponsors and/or organizes many activities including golf, cards, fishing and bird watching at the nearby (across the road) bird sanctuary. If you are looking for a place to spend the winter we can easily recommend this facility. One negative; the elevator gave the impression it might fail at any minute, but of course it didnt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Padre Island's newest and finest hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, invites you to travel Mexico & Texas in ONE VACATION to South Padre. You'll experience the white sand beaches and crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As you enter our lobby, you will be immersed in tropical elegance. Check in will be a breeze as you and your family escape into our sea life - a 500 gallon aquarium. All our oversized rooms come with spectacular views of Laguna Madre Bay, Gulf of Mexico or our tropical poolside. If you're here for business, relax - we offer free wireless Internet in all public areas and high speed Internet access in every room as well as a complimentary full service business center. For the ultimate in convenience, all rooms have micro-fridges, coffee makers, dataport speaker phones and state-of-the art on demand movies/music and video games. Thanks to the latest technology, on demand movies can be paused/rewound so you'll never miss an important phone call. We are across the street from the Convention Center and close to championship golf, nightclubs, shopping centers and a variety of eateries. Visit Sea Turtle, Inc. or spend the day at Schlitterbahn Beach Water Park. The beach is just a short walk from your room where you can participate in deep sea fishing, horseback riding, parasailing, jet skiing or a local favorite - barbecuing on the beach. We are the perfect tropical getaway whether you're here for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites- South Padre Island
- Holiday Inn South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Holiday Inn