My friend and i stayed here for 4 nights this past week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is only a 3-4 minute walk to the beach. When you get to the beach you can turn left and there is a beach bar called Claytons which plays good music, but caters to a younger crowd. If you turn right it's more quiet, so I thought it was nice that the location of the hotel catered to different groups of people. The previous reviews on the customer service proved wrong for us. Every front desk person we spoke to was courteous and informative. They gave me free Motrin when I had a headache and change when I requested some smaller bills. One night we wanted to hang out in the jacuzzi but it was already closed for the night. I asked if we could use it anyway if we were quiet and we were allowed to do so. I would say the only real complaint we had was that our room smelled kinda mildewy but that may be from all of the wet swim suits and towels. The room was pretty humid and our things never really dried out. Other than that we had a good stay and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Padre Island's newest and finest hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, invites you to travel Mexico & Texas in ONE VACATION to South Padre. You'll experience the white sand beaches and crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As you enter our lobby, you will be immersed in tropical elegance. Check in will be a breeze as you and your family escape into our sea life - a 500 gallon aquarium. All our oversized rooms come with spectacular views of Laguna Madre Bay, Gulf of Mexico or our tropical poolside. If you're here for business, relax - we offer free wireless Internet in all public areas and high speed Internet access in every room as well as a complimentary full service business center. For the ultimate in convenience, all rooms have micro-fridges, coffee makers, dataport speaker phones and state-of-the art on demand movies/music and video games. Thanks to the latest technology, on demand movies can be paused/rewound so you'll never miss an important phone call. We are across the street from the Convention Center and close to championship golf, nightclubs, shopping centers and a variety of eateries. Visit Sea Turtle, Inc. or spend the day at Schlitterbahn Beach Water Park. The beach is just a short walk from your room where you can participate in deep sea fishing, horseback riding, parasailing, jet skiing or a local favorite - barbecuing on the beach. We are the perfect tropical getaway whether you're here for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites- South Padre Island
- Holiday Inn South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Holiday Inn