We stayed at the Holiday Express for 3 nights over the New Year holiday. We found the hotel to be clean, with friendly staff - a special mention should go to the ever helpful maintenance staff who answered any problem we reported with facilities in our room within 10 minutes and to our embarrassment, even though the issues were down to user-operational-error (our incompetance) the staff were polite enough not to mock us...the free hot breakfast was a bonus and the selection was adequate. The swimming pool was clean and looked inviting, even though we did not venture in due to the weather. Parking was easily available, and we were easily able to park in an area where we could observe our vehicle from our room. Whilst the Internet was available free - it did seem a bit temperamental. We did have an issue with room security, where on our final day we realised the lock on the room door had malfunctioned and after cleaning the room had been left unlocked. One other ovsight, on our part, was booking a hotel without a bar over New Years Eve...we had to get supplies in from the nearby Ben's Liquor Store...
We had previously read reviews stating that this hotel was not on the beach - and thought that a 5 minute walk would be ok as we're British...turns out that walking though an area of Condo's isn't actually brilliant and we would also register this as a negative towards this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites- South Padre Island
- Holiday Inn South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Padre Island's newest and finest hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, invites you to travel Mexico & Texas in ONE VACATION to South Padre. You'll experience the white sand beaches and crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As you enter our lobby, you will be immersed in tropical elegance. Check in will be a breeze as you and your family escape into our sea life - a 500 gallon aquarium. All our oversized rooms come with spectacular views of Laguna Madre Bay, Gulf of Mexico or our tropical poolside. If you're here for business, relax - we offer free wireless Internet in all public areas and high speed Internet access in every room as well as a complimentary full service business center. For the ultimate in convenience, all rooms have micro-fridges, coffee makers, dataport speaker phones and state-of-the art on demand movies/music and video games. Thanks to the latest technology, on demand movies can be paused/rewound so you'll never miss an important phone call. We are across the street from the Convention Center and close to championship golf, nightclubs, shopping centers and a variety of eateries. Visit Sea Turtle, Inc. or spend the day at Schlitterbahn Beach Water Park. The beach is just a short walk from your room where you can participate in deep sea fishing, horseback riding, parasailing, jet skiing or a local favorite - barbecuing on the beach. We are the perfect tropical getaway whether you're here for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.