“It aint Chicago pizza...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“It aint Chicago pizza...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

What can I say? I have high expectations of pizza. Pizza was just ok. I will admit the service was good and the bartenders were very friendly. If in South Padre Island, and it's late at night, then its worth a stop by. Besides that, can't rave about the pizza unfortunately.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

South Padre Island, Texas
“Nugget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Good Pizza - usually crowded with fun people. You will get to know your neighbors ! ! Often has music to participate in.

Visited October 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Crust”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I stopped in to get a pizza early evening. The weather wasn't very nice out so the place wasn't too busy. Our server was really nice and helpful with any questions we had about their pizza. It looks like a dive outside and inside, but the pizza was spot on. They make their dough in small batches with an original recipe from the owners. You can taste the difference in how great it is (slightly chewy but still pretty thin). The sauce was good, too (a little sweet but worked well with the cheese). Ice cold beer in chilled mugs, fresh hot pizza, and nice locals. A great place to stop to get a bite and enjoy a bar atmosphere.

Melbourne, Florida
“So-So Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stopped in because I had a craving for pizza. I ordered a small pizza and coffee. I waited on my pizza for quite awhile, and when it came out I saw it looked pretty good. I took one bite and the crust reminded me of frozen pizza. Otherwise the service was prompt and tending. I won't be going back there for pizza.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Irving, Texas
“South Padre Dec 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My boyfriend owns a condo in South Padre and D Pizza Joint is the first place we hit on the island. We love the atmosphere and the staff is great. And the pizza is amazing :) Tracy

Visited December 2013