“Great choice in South Padre” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Copa Inn Beach Hotel to your Saves list
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   350 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Michigan
“Great choice in South Padre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was very nice with clean and spacious rooms. The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've ever had! Great location right at the beach! The pool is nice also. This would be a great choice of hotel, no problems for us!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Edinburg, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The place was clean, the staff were friendly but it is much more for families than for a couple's weekend away. Overall good experience. Nice bar & coffee stand. So many loud guests. So many dogs! The hotel can't control that, so I won't punish them for it.

Room Tip: Sometimes gulf view is not great...you will be directly above the pool which stays noisy for more th...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This was our first trip to this area. It's very lovely here. I compared it to Daytona Beach, Mobile, Pismo Beach and Galveston and this is by far the best! It was our 48th anniversary and we wanted a couple of relaxing days.
Check in was very efficient and quick. Not real friendly but very professional. No complaints.
We had a king room with no view but was actually able to see the ocean! I loved the feature wallpaper of the ocean! Set the vacation mood when we first walked in.
The room is nice and large with a sitting area that has a simple sleeper couch and a couple of chairs. There is a cabinet that holds the microwave and fridge. The balcony is very small, even smaller than a cruise ship! But I liked being able to get a feel for the weather. The floors are tiled throughout which I prefer over dirty carpets! It was freshly painted in gray/blues. Nice. I felt it was nice and clean.
The bathroom is nice sized. The vanity is in the bathroom. It has an older molded bathtub/shower and vanity. Simple amenities are offered Towels weren't too fluffy but decent quality.
The complementary breakfast is served on the fourth floor. Very nice and large area. There is an omelet bar made to order which is a nice touch. The waffles are already made and really tasty. I heated mine for 15 seconds in the microwave. The retried beans were also very good.
The weather didn't cooperate but the beach access and pool area is nice.
The only negative was the maid cleaned our room but forgot to replenish the towels and coffee. We informed the front desk when we went out to dinner and it was taken care of when we returned.
I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This place has so much potential. I have a window that opens, but no screen..? Lots of bugs coming in so I had to close the window. I have a ceiling fan but the chain is broken, so I can't change the setting. Nice little patio with a door that opened to it - but my patio chairs are covered in bird poop. And when I try to connect to the internet, my iPhone and computer both say the the connection is compromised. Lame. I realize that people traveling with dogs have to be flexible - but don't put me in a room that already smells like pee and charge me a $25 pet fee.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Hilary,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for your disappointing experience. We aim to provide the single most significant resort experience on the island and it is very concerning that we fell short in this instance. I will alert the proper management to address each inconvenience you mentioned. We apologize once again for your disappointment and sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much better memory.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We enjoyed our stay here. The pool and beach were great. My daughter loved it and didn't want to leave the beach. Neither did we. The breakfast was great and you save a lot of money with the breakfast they provide. The only thing was I had to call about washclothes and toilet paper because they weren't replaced and we ran out. The toilet paper was a no brainer to me. Everything else was wonderful. We would stay there again. Very affordable and nice.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Liz,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We're very happy you loved our free breakfast buffet. Once again, thank you for the review! We hope you stay with us again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked two rooms we asked for side by side rooms beachfront. The person on the phone said no problem. My husband and I got a very uncomfortable dirty room down the hallway while my guest got a beachfront dirty room. It was a horrible visit and a horrible 21st anniversary. The staffs family were threatening people that actually paid to stay there. The Jacuzzi had floating nastiness no one would clean it guests that didn't stay took over the pool. They only had a good breakfast one day. Egg shells in the eggs. Room no water pressure in the shower. Sinks were stopped up. Lobby is all they spend money on. But also some of the guest and not guest very destructive. Towels dinghy. Sheets don't cover the bed. My second visit don't know what happened to this hotel. I was promised a discount and a beach front in a email still waiting on the email. What happened to the staff.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Nechelle,

Thank you for your review. We’re saddened to read we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent visit. While we pride ourselves in being one of the best hotels on the island, we realize there is always room for improvement. We apologize once again for your disappointment and sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much better memory.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Breakfast is included and is totally worth it -- make your own omelettes, refried beans, toasts, juices, fresh fruit, cereal. All quite generous considering it's included.

The pool is nice. Hot tub had a lot of temperature issues, but was good. The pool bartender was great! We were pleasantly surprised how good the food is at the little bar restaurant in the hotel. There's a great deck that's about 100 yards off the pool area that brings you to the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there.

Overall, the rooms were clean and remarkably spacious. Plus, the convenience shop and Starbucks on-site were helpful. Mere steps from Subway and Gabriella's, among a few other things, like Schlitterbahn. And the stop for The Wave is right out front.

Room Tip: First floor -- don't have to deal with the one elevator for four floors.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We really empower every staff member to do what it takes to make every one of our guests feel good about their stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you visit SPI.

Been to La Copa Inn Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!