“Family Vacation with Adult Children” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   350 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Special Offer
30% Discount
Levelland, Texas
“Family Vacation with Adult Children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had an incredible time! The rooms were great, spacious, incredible view of the beach!!! Had read reviews about it being hot in the rooms, but we didn't experience that at all. The staff was more than accommodating and friendly. They went far beyond what they needed to ensure our needs were met! I absolutely LOVED the easy access to the beach. This was our first time to South Padre and to this hotel and we loved it! The value was wonderful! The breakfast was delicious, though the space is very small and we did have to take some of it to our room, but they were fine with that. The only negative that i found were the parking and the onsite restaurant. The food was not good, at all, and too expensive for the quality, though there are some wonderful restaurants off site. Also the parking lot is super small so it was a tad difficult to park. Overall, it was truly a perfect experience for all of us! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nubia Z, General Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Ramirez Family,

It is a great pleasure for all the staff of La Copa Inn Beach Hotel to have had you on your first visit to South Padre Island, Texas; we are happy to know you had a wonderful time. Thank you for your kind words, it is always good to know our guests enjoyed our hotel amenities and they are please with our customer service.

Thank you for your kind words. All your comments are very appreciated, we are taking action to make sure all of our guests have the best service at La Copa Cabana Bar.

Thank you for staying with us, we are looking forward to see you soon.

Nubia Ericka Zaratte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visit the island about once a month and decided to stay at La Copa. I have mixed reviews on this hotel. The location is great, right off the beach. The room was comfy and clean. We paid extra for a jacuzzi, but prices are too high even in the winter. Swimming pool is small. The reason I didnt like this hotel was the food and drinks. They give you a complimentary voucher for a drink at the bar for each guest. So,we decided to eat and drink there. Bad idea. The drinka were horrible....cheap alcohol. I had to switch mine for a coke. The food was awful. The wings and quesadilla were the frozen bag kind and just heated up in the oven....tasted disgusting. If you stay there, stay away from the "bar".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nubia Z, General Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear guest,

First and fore the most I would like to thank you for visiting La Copa Beach Hotel South Padre Island, Texas.

We appreciate you are taking the time to share your comments, this will help us to improve our customer service and make sure your next visit will be a wonderful experience enjoying all of our hotel amenities.

Happy New Year from all the staff of La Copa Beach Hotel South Padre Island, Texas.

Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having a great time so far! Clean rooms and nice staff!! Happy hour is a great added feature, and Alma who works at the Bar and Grill is very sweet and friendly!! :)
I will have to come back during the Summer to enjoy the beach!!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
Dear guests,

It's a great pleasure for all the staff of La Copa Beach Resort to know you had a wonderful family vacation experience. Thank you very much for staying with us.

We look forward to see you in the near future and count on you like one of our repetitive guests.

Wishing you all the special things that make the most wonderful holidays memories.

Happy New Year from all the staff of La Copa Beach Resort South Padre Island, Texas.

Wimberley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My parents, husband and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in South Padre. La Copa Inn was a very warm and welcoming place to stay. The staff made us feel right at home. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the convenience of staying on the first floor. Our room had a nice patio. We took advantage of the short walk to the beach many times to collect shells and photograph the sunrise. The heated pool felt wonderful at night after the sun went down. We all agreed that we will definitely return to La Copa Inn Beach Hotel.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments sharing your experience at La Copa Beach Resort South Padre Island, Texas.

We are happy you and your family had a wonderful time on your most recent stay. We look forward to see you here during the summer.

Wishing you all the special things that make the most wonderful holidays memories!

Happy new year from all the staff of La Copa Beach Resort .

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

After staying one night, my wife had left her nightgown behind. I phoned after returning home. They would search and call me back. No callback. I phoned again and after a search she said she had located it. I Asked to have it placed in a bag and I would pick it up Saturday (2 days later). She said it would be at the front desk. When we arrived, I explained what had happened and told Gustavo, the man working the front desk, that the bag with my wife's nightgown was there and I was there to pick it up. He didn't know what a nightgown was. I told him it was something to sleep in. No response. I told him it was like pajamas. He didn't know what they were either. I said it didn't matter, that they were in a bag with my name on it. He opened one drawer, looked over his shoulder in each direction and said it wasn't there. I insisted he make a more thorough search. I asked speak to the Manager. He said she was not working today. I asked for him to call her. He refused. After one hour, and their searching all the lost and found bags, another man came to the front desk. I again explained that that the bag was to be at the front desk. He opened another drawer and produced the bag with my name on it, with the nightgown inside. I emailed the Manager and explained what had happened. She never responded to my email. A free drink
at Happy Hour was also included. We ordered a Margarita. Mine had a bug in it. When I told the bartender, she took it and threw it violently into the sink, produced another and slammed it down in front of me, as if she were terribly offended that I
wouldn't drink it, bug and all. I would, definitely, not recommend this hotel. There are many others with competent and
friendly employees.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nubia Z, General Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to inform you we are doing a research based on your review and immediate action will be take to correct any mistakes.

We appreciate if you can provide us with the date and approximated time you came to the hotel to pick up your wife's nightgown and when you were at the bar; this information will allow us to review our records on the video camera system and like I mentioned before we will correct any mistakes. Unfortunately we didn't receive your email, otherwise we would respond to you right away.

Please contact us at your convenience, you can reach me at spi.nubia@lacopainn.com

Nubia E. Zaratte
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is right in the middle of a long string of high rise hotels and condos with beach access. Try to splurge on a room with an ocean view. Nice rooms, helpful staff, and in December, we are practically the only ones in the building! I think it is normally cooler this time of year, but it is in the 80s and stunning. Ad says complimentary breakfast, but that did not happen. You can buy ice cream bars at the front desk, and a cabana bar is open later in the day. Great concierge service. Nice heated pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Get the beach view and up high so avoid noise from the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nubia Z, Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Ms. Pat,

Thank you for visitng La Copa Inn South Padre Island, Texas.

We are looking forward to have you as one of our repetitive guests, it is a great pleasure to know you liked La Copa Inn SPI, that you were able to enjoy our amenities and that you are please with our customer service. On your next visit please enjoy our delicious breakfast served on the 4th floor with the most beautiful view to the Queen Isabella Causeway; we have full hot breakfast featuring Belgian Waffles and our most recent addition "Omelette Station".

Once again, thank you very much for your kind comments.

Nubia E. Zaratte
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed at this place in last summer. Room was very clean. Only thing is, if you are on first floor, you probably see ppl in the lobby going to the beach through back of the hotel at all times. Hotel is right next to beach. They had free breakfast and really gets crowded. Also some ppl are inconsiderate when you have to stay in the line for omlettes and someone is making 10 of them for 4 ppl. I would stay here again, may be not on first floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
barryspi, Owner at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. I am glad you and others are enjoying our recently added complimentary omelette station.
We are in the process of installing a privacy fence on the south side of the property and will be doing the same on the north side. Hopefully this will address your issue regarding people walking to the beach on the ground floor.
Once again thanks for your business and we hope to see you soon again.
Barry

Been to La Copa Inn Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!