Let me begin by saying that I am NOT a public "complainer". I have never written a review before and never complain unless I believe 100% that I am in the right. I booked our stay online directly through the hotels website. At first, it was taking a while to load so I called the hotel directly and was informed that they did not have any available rooms for the days I was seeking. The page finished loading and allowed me to book the rooms I needed. I called back and the person I spoke with did not believe me until he searched my info and was surprised to find that I was indeed able to book a room for both nights. Then comes check in... The woman assisting us was indeed friendly. She found our reservation with no problem, however, when I asked what price they had us booked for (to be sure that it matched the price on our reservation) it was higher than what we intended. I showed her my printout where it shows the "TOTAL" price and says nothing about taxes not being included and she said that that price did not include taxes and booking fees. She even said herself that they get this problem a lot with many customers. Hmmm... that should tell you something like maybe FIX IT!!! Like I said, nowhere on the paper did it say that taxes were not included in total price, so of course I ask to speak to the manager. When he finally comes back from his smoke break and addresses me smelling badly of smoke, he doesn't care at all what I have to say and does nothing for me at all. According to the reservation printout, we had to give 3 days notice of cancellation or they would charge the first night's booking. So needless to say, we were stuck. THEN...the hotel was sponsoring some marathon and it was a complete disaster. When we checked in, they gave us a parking permit. Parking was horrible due to this marathon and about 3/4 of the cars in the very small parking lot did not have a permit. What the heck was the point of giving us a darn permit then?! An event like that should have been much more organized with a separate parking area just for the runners. Not happy at all and never coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to La Copa Inn Beach Hotel South Padre Island, Texas. Our beachside hotel across from Queen Isabella Causeway offers an affordable vacation experience in South Padre Island, with five-star resort amenities. We have Spacious Hotel Rooms all with balconies and most with ocean view. All of our rooms feature Tempur-Pedic® mattresses, HD Flat Screen TV with premium cable channels, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron and iron board, hair dryer and in-room safe. Other conveniences include complimentary High-speed Internet access and local calls. We have guest rooms for every taste, from standard king or queen beds to our three-room family suite. All rooms are nonsmoking. Our hotel offers an outdoor pool surrounded by a sundeck with a spa tub, chaise lounges, gazebos, and a walkway to the beach. Enjoy our Complementary Hot Full Breakfast buffet, featuring delicious "Belgian Waffles" and the most recent addition "Omelet Station." For your convenience we have complementary Wi-Fi High Speed Internet access available through the entire hotel. A staffed activities desk to assist in planning excursions, coordinate sports-equipment rentals, and sell discounted tickets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your La Copa Inn Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western South Padre Island
- Best Western La Copa Hotel
- South Padre Island La Copa Inn
- La Copa Inn Beachfront Resort