“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Sports Complexes, Adventure
South Padre Island, Texas
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was a 'bucket list' item for me. I was able to share this experience with a very good friend. We were fortunate enough to pick the right people to make it happen. The team at Skydive South Padre Island is top notch. They were friendly and funny, professional, and very safety conscious in preparing us for the jump. I hope to do the jump again with this team. I highly recommend it to anyone who has been thinking about it. This is the team to make it a reality for you. Buy the video of your personal dive......they do a super job of filming your entire sky-dive experience. It was awesome to see the video and to share it with family and friends. It was good to have proof that I did it! You can find these guys on any sunny day at their kiosk located at Clayton's Bar on beautiful South Padre Island, TX

Visited January 2014

Mankato, Minnesota
“I SAID YES!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My boyfriends family invited me to go to Texas with them for Thanksgiving! Their "Papa" was turning 80 and it was on his bucket list to jump from a plane! A bunch of us decided to do it with him! It was all of our first times!! We got to Texas on Sunday and planned to Jump Monday but the weather was not cooperating. Frank was SOOOO awesome and flexible letting us push the day back...and back.....and back!! Stinkin weather!! Finally, on the last day of our vacation, the weather was perfect! We headed down to Padre and I was so scared/excited! Sparky was my tandum partner and He was AMAZING! I was pretty apprehensive about it, but Sparky calmed me down so much!!!! I felt very safe with him and I was so happy with how friendly he was! We jumped 2nd (my boyfriend begged me to jump first). The view was AMAZING!!!!! We both landed so easily and Frank came over to interview me, and after my interview told me to turn around, and THERE WAS MY BOYFRIEND, ON HIS KNEE, PROPOSING!!!AHHH!!!! The guys from SDSP were all in on it and made sure to get it all on video for us AND had a professional photographer there just for us!!! Talk about 5 star service!!!!!!!! What an amazing day for me! Frank, Sparky, and Jason- YOU ARE ALL AWESOME! Cheers to jumping from a plane.....and into MARRIAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Visited November 2013
Tarboro, North Carolina
33 attraction reviews
“Excellent First Skydive on My Birthday!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

When my friend told me that we were going to South Padre Island for my birthday, we immediately started searching for local attractions. We stumbled across Skydive SPI and jokingly said that we were gonna give it a try. After reading such wonderful reviews and watching videos on line, we decided to reserve a slot for Saturday morning, October 5, 2013 (my 33rd birthday)!

I spoke with Frank about 2-3 weeks prior to our arrival and he was so down-to-earth and friendly. He told me to text him with any questions/concerns. I confirmed our reservation Friday when we arrived at our hotel and we met him Saturday morning. After completing our paper work (about a 10-15 minute process), we waited for the couple before us to complete their jump and met Jess (a fellow skydiver affiliated with Skydive SPI). Frank and Jess both were so friendly and answered all of our questions about our (while MY) fears/apprehensions. Jess actually completed an individual/independent jump with us.

Once Jason and Sparky touched down, it was a matter of minutes before we were all headed back to Brownsville Airport to get suited for our dive and complete a "dry-run" on land of our actual dive in the sky. We boarded the plane and watched the beautiful scenery from the aircraft. As the we were closer to island, my heart was pounding and I was wondering what I'd gotten myself into.

When the plane door opened, Jason and I jumped first. During the free fall, I felt weightless...it was a little scary but more than anything exciting!! The parachute descend was my most favorite part because I was able to soak up the gorgeous scenery...varying shades of glistening green water on either side of a narrow strip of land. Breath-taking to say the least. We landed perfectly on our feet. My friend said that his most favorite part was the free fall. We both plan to skydive again...in SPI and other places.

Frank, Jason, and Sparky were all so very friendly and professional!!

SPECIAL NOTES:

-You really should purchase the video and pictures so that you can remember and relive the experience of a lifetime! The footage comes on a flash drive with a colorful lanyard with the company name.

-Frank can store your personal belongings for you during your jump.

-Clayton's Bar & Grill serves food and drinks, has restroom facilities, and beach access.

Visited October 2013
South Padre Island, Texas
“Greatest Birthday Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our birthday with a bang!!! The experience was beyond words and the folks with Skydive South Padre Island could not have been better. Frank, Sparky and Jason from beginning to end were great. We were both first timers and a little apprehensive to say the least! They were very informative about what to expect and gave great instructions. The Pilot was exceptional and the jump was out of this world. If you haven't tried it all I can say is "What are you waiting for!"

Visited August 2013
League City, Texas
“You gotta jump in Padre!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I took my entire family to South Padre and we all jumped! Frank, Sparky and Jason were great! They made all of us feel very comfortable as they were very professional in their approach in dealing with a bunch of first time jumpers! The view was unbelievable!!! If you are considering skydiving, this is definitely the place to go and the people to jump with! And definitely get the video! Well worth it!!!

Visited August 2013