“Good Resort with a great beach and a mini Waterpark” 4 of 5 stars

Schlitterbahn Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Hotel deals
Phoenix
“Good Resort with a great beach and a mini Waterpark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I would would recommend as a beach resort with mini water park opposed to a Waterpark with a beach...Arrived on a Sunday, 7/13. We were a party of 5, two parents, 20 yr old, 14 year old and 11 year old. As other reviewers have noted, it is surprisingly difficult to find. I would suggest they invest in better and more visible signage. Check in was a breeze, but parking was hectic. We had a King suite with two pull outs with beach side view on the 1st floor. Room had two 40 inch TVs and was quite comfortable. While we could see the beach, we had a better view of the pool. I would say skip the view and save some money. Let's discuss Water parks first. Our stay included access to all of the waterparks each day. We just got bands for entry each morning. It is not a typical Schlitterbahn Park, so there are no mega slides at all. There are two 4 story rides adjacent to resort. Short walk up and ride was fun, but quick. The rest of the Slides are all tied to the the Lazy river. Not very tall, but fast and fun. There is a Lazy river right by our room, which turned into "El Torrente" and boy was that fun!!! Fast, scary river ride!!! The kids loved it. There were a couple of pools, but they are on the smallish side. Food was typical resort pricing. 5 burgers and drinks came to $85.00 and one eatery. The Beach on the other hand was fabulous. Silky sand, temperate water with beautiful blue tint. We loved it. Highest praise I could say about the beach is that when on the beach, you could not tell you were not on South Beach Miami. The Hotel staff was always pleasant and helpful. I would say if your are early teems or younger, they would love both the beach and water parks. Older kids probably would like the water park and love the beach. I would recommend that they enhance their pools. They are too small. I would like to see a larger serenity pool area for just adults only. with a swim up Bar, cabanas and not so shallow as the two main pools. I enjoyed the resort this time, but see no need to ever go again to this resort. I look forward to going to another Schlitterbahn Water Park in the future as my kids are getting older

Room Tip: Beach front room is nice, but not needed as beach is just a short walk and you want to be outside

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We took our 4 yr old and a 3 week old baby. Compared to other hotels the price was excellent considering that the water park entrance was included. Room was ready when we arrived around 2pm. I loved the key system made it easy to hold things and open the door easy. Room was very clean and we had an excellent view of the indoor water park. Very friendly staff. The only 2 downsides were that the restroom was very small and I asked for a crib and got a playpen instead. But overall had an excellent time and looking forward to staying here again soon

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Helotes, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Disclaimer: We do not in anyway want people NOT stay here but I just want to give words of advice and we won't be staying here again but we will be back to SPI.
Entrance- not marked very well and being such a LARGE resort you’d think there were will be more than just some colored flags…
Front Desk- Friendly and upgraded room and view (for free)
Room- large but lacked hooks to hang towels and needed more hangers
--Beds were comfy and the room was really clean (bonus for a germ-a-phobe)
--Bathroom-small, so small that you really couldn’t lay a towel down without the door taking it off the floor, thus WATER everywhere…
--Missing the clothes line mentioned in other posts, and stated by the manager that was in each room, NOT in 444, Tower B (needless to say we have A LOT of wet clothes and towels)
Food- Seaside Grill was delicious and the staff working that day were nice and wonderful
Sea4Ever Rooftop Restaurant, service was extremely slow, food was meh, cold and WAY overpriced. We are foodies and thought we would check it out…not worth the time or money. Only High Notes: The view was amazing and the bartender made wonderful drinks.
NOTE: if you are staying in Tower B, do not get the 4th Floor---you are going to be awakened at 1030-1100 by the moving of Giants and stomping of feet (the front desk asked them to be more quiet but that lasted about 10-15 minutes) by that point we were asleep.
Beach Access: AWESOME, the best money we spent at the resort was for the chairs and the umbrella only $20 and they moved everything—woohoo!
Note: when you have only ONE shower and a line of 20-30 people it gets crazy with the caking of sand “puddles” and people….a second shower would do wonders ;o)
Waterpark—indoor part was really cool, especially to use it before the rest opened
However: we are not familiar with the park or how it works and we literally walked around lost, and we were NOT the only people to be “lost”. Yes, there are maps but when staff look and they see we are lost, could they lend a hand? 99.9% of the staff were friendly, courteous and helped when they could but observation skills go along way when you are paying that kind of money for a resort…

Room Tip: Tower B, Best Views of Beach and Pool
Lubbock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at the resort for 3 nights an the kids had a blast. Rooms are very clean, hotel staff is extremely nice, with that being said the guards treat people staying in the hotel like prisoners at the gates in the morning. It's funny to see outside ticket holders already on rides while you wait on the other side of the fence(that is if you have spent hundreds of dollars for this exact thing not to happen)!! I had to ask for a manager 3 times and half the day later I finally spoke with a lady at the front desk in a pink shirt. She was very nice and apologetic. I told her there was about 40 people waiting after 10am with rude lifeguards. She let me know they would look into it. All in all my kids had a blast and so did we!!

• Stayed July 2014
Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The resort is SUPER clean and attentive to every need. They have a great staff! Denise, the manager there was super helpful to get us into our room early when we checked in with our sick 3 year old nephew. The indoor park is not very big but it still has a great river. The little ones loved the indoor kiddie areas. The outside pool is heated in winter and has a great swim up bar. There is a shuttle that takes you to and from the outdoor water park and to the hotel. There is also a walkway tunnel you can walk to and from water park through there as well.
Whether you come with kids or just adults... this is a great Hotel to stay at. The food at the Hotels cafe is really good too, especially their pizza and I am a picky pizza eater.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in a room with a view and if you do not want to hear the kids running to and from thei...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

To be perfectly honest, this resort has so much potential; however, our experience left a lot to be desired. Check in was pretty uneventful...courteous young man helped me and another helped with our bags. Our first night there, we decided to visit their Rooftop Restaurant. The view was amazing but it was hard to focus on said view with the swarm of mosquitos that almost flew off with my family and friends. Seriously, management needs to look into this matter as soon as possible! My son was almost eaten alive but oh well....we survived the ordeal. They prepared below average tasting drinks (my margarita tasted like pure mix - NO alcohol) and coincidentally, they ran out of french fries AND napkins when it was time to eat.

The next morning, being the troopers that we are, we did not let this deter our plan for a fun filled vacation! However, the very minute we approached the young lady (whose name tag read "Maricruz") at the desk - that was exchanging towels and passing out wrist bands - our experience only worsened. She gave me my five wristbands for my family and me but when it was time for our friends to get theirs, she VERY rudely commented to our friend, "why don't you let her speak??" (but in Spanish) when he tried to give her their room number. Apparently, he had committed a faux pas by speaking over his wife. We were all a bit shocked to hear her speak this way to guests that were paying good money to stay in their resort. I was taken aback and remained silent until I overheard her telling my friend (the wife of the man she spoke rudely to), "I don't know why he's so angry?!!" THAT WAS IT! I went up to her and respectfully yet sternly told her, "Are you really wondering why he's upset?? Seriously? Is this the way you've been trained to treat your customers?? I'm sure your supervisors would NOT be happy to hear that you're treating PAYING guests this way!" She started to argue and make excuses in an inept way to justify her actions. I'm sorry....but NO! I've been to many places - Canyon Ranch, Fontainebleau in Miami Beach, and many other resorts/spas and NEVER have we been treated with such blatant disrespect and rudeness. And on top of everything else, they ran out of bottled waters at the only restaurant/cafe in the indoor water park. Being a mother of three little boys, I prefer for them to refrain from drinking sugary drinks or anything with caffeine (which were the only options left for us). It wasn't until later that we were told that we could bring our "own" ice chests filled with non-alcoholic drinks and food. Being on vacation, I would really prefer to not have to lug around a heavy ice chest.

All that aside, the room was mediocre, at best. The bathroom was TINY. There were stains in the bathroom that we stayed far away from (which was almost impossible seeing that the bathroom was the size of a shoe box).

After an extremely hard year, I was hoping and praying to have a nice and relaxing vacation with my family and friends. Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone. I should've listened to the warnings we had received from those who stayed there before us.

South padre island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall experience was great. Nice view from room, people were friendly. Only one issue and that was when asked to speak to the general manager who was on site left name and number twice he never called back. Other than that great experience. Kid friendly.

• Stayed July 2014
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for the rating and spending some time with us....I have copied our hotel manager about your message as we try and make sure we contact our Guests as quickly as possible upon notification.

Glad to hear you had a good time and see you back soon!

Mike

Been to Schlitterbahn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!