“Value for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Denver, Colorado
“Value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

well.. we did not know the waterpark is only open during the weekends in off season . the indoor park closes at 5pm and the checkin is not until 4pm , so even though the park is included in the room price , it was hard to make it to the park.
the outdoor pool is open and it was really fun .

Room Tip: room facing the beach is very nice to wake up to.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mike B, Director of Sales at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your visit.

During the winter, our indoor, heated waterpark is open at 10am on Saturday and Sunday. During the summer season, both our indoor AND outdoor waterparks are open and part of your Stay-n-Play package that provides discounts of 40% or more on your stay.

While check-in is at 4:00 pm, you are more than welcome to come to the waterpark at 10:00am and enjoy the park while you wait for check-in. On day of check-out, you can even stay and play that whole day as well (even after your check-out)! It is an extra day we offer for no extra charge for resort guests!

Thanks again for coming and we look forward to seeing you this summer so you can enjoy both the indoor and outdoor parks!

Mike

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kingsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Visited for the 3 day President's Day weekend. Resort was a little tricky to find. We arrived early but they gave us our park tickets to enjoy the park before check-in time. Indoor portion of the park is quite small, but plenty of fun and not too crowded this time of year. Two slides, a not-so-lazy river, a kiddie pool, carousel, jungle-gym/ball room, bar, diner and pool provided plenty to do. The slides while not thrill seeker level were plenty of fun, and the river flowed at a fairly quick pace. The lines for the slides were short and moved fairly quickly. The room, Good sized TV, decent microwave oven, refridgerator cooled well, AC unit was relatively quiet. Room was clean, smelled fresh, fairly large. Only down side is that the bathroom was quite small, but otherwise, a very good room. Staff was friendly and efficient. Resort is convenient to the beach, easy access on and off the island and there is a good restaurant nearby. I would recommend this for a day trip or a weekend. Probably the most entertainment for a family in the off-season on South Padre Island.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for the great review. I appreciate your comments and am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time here at the Resort. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. I wouldn't define it as a "resort", however it is a fun, family-oriented hotel with an indoor waterpark. Check-in is not until 4 pm. We arrived at 2, hoping for an early check in...but no such luck. The employee, Dora, who was checking us in was not helpful or friendly in any way. Yes, it was a busy weekend, but nothing extraordinary...maybe about 6 people in line. She gave us our waterpark bracelets, which we could use even though our room wasn't ready yet. She gave us only 2 of our 4 bracelets because only myself and my husband got off to check in. She would not give us the 2 other bracelets until my 70 year old mother and mother in law got off the truck and entered the building....by the way, we were parked no where near the entrance because the parking lot was full. This was very frustrating because we could see that the other receptionists were giving out the bracelets to the other hotel guests. Then, I ask if we can receive a phone call when our room was ready and she said no! She stated that they were too busy to do that! Astonishing when this service is provided by any regular hotel, and of course resorts! Anyway, we came back 2 hours later and checked in about 4:20 with a much nicer and friendlier receptionist, Melissa. Other than the above mentioned, we enjoyed our stay. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very clean. The restroom was on the small side. The hotel is off the beach, so location is great. They have a heated pool outside and a very cool indoor waterpark. It includes: 2 slides, a big kiddie pool, and a very fast river. They also have a bar with the best pina coladas. Overall, it was a fun stay. Just wish they had better service upon checking-in..as this can set the mood for the rest of the stay.

• Stayed February 2014
I am glad that you ended up having a great time at the Hotel. I will speak to the staff to address your concerns and make sure they are addressed. Thank you for writing a review about our Hotel.
Central Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went for an overnight Valentine's get-away. The staff was excellent. The property was very clean. Even though this is a new resort (last year) it definitely has seen use. Lots of families for the water park, swim up bar and the Gulf of Mexico beach. There is an old fashioned carrousel off the lobby. They say "beach front" property but the beach is hard to see from the main building. It is a walk down the side of the property (about 1/2 block) and then you have beach access. There is shopping on South Padre Island but you need a car. The resort has two restaurants and is connected with the Shrimp Haus Restaurant which has excellent food in a casual atmosphere. This is a good choice for active families and young adults. Would we go back? Maybe. Maybe not.

Room Tip: The higher up the floor the better the view, such as it is.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike B, Director of Sales at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thanks for your stay and complimentary words...as the largest hotel property on the Island we feature rooms in our river tower which overlooks the waterpark and another building which is directly on the beach with fantastic beach and gulf views.

The Shrimp Haus is one of our restaurants and has won awards for its shrimp, bought directly from local shrimpers!

Keep an eye out for our special packages that offer discounts to not only the waterpark but also many of the wonderful things that South Padre has to offer: golfing, dolphin watches, fishing, etc.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back real soon!

Mike
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Reading the reviews had us a little nervous about staying at the Schlitterbahn. Those nerves were quickly put to rest. We were welcomed by a security guard at the gate shack who told us exactly where to park to check in.

Melissa Vallejo checked us in. We explained we had groupon vouchers and that we were travelling in a party of four that required 2 rooms. She changed one of the rooms so we could be on the same floor. Throughout the rest of the evening everytime we went by the front desk she greeted us and made sure we had everything we needed.

The rooms were King size with comfortable pullout queen size sofas. There was no dust anywhere (I always check above mirrors & lights.) The television was updated and the refrigerator was cold enough to chill our beverages quickly. Complimentary coffee, tea, & popcorn were provided in the rooms.

The second day we were apologized to as the hotel had to move us due to a CSI convention. They upgraded us to a higher floor with better views. Gabriella was so friendly. She even recommended an Itallian restaraunt on the island called Gabriella's (no relation) for us to eat at.
When we came back downstairs she checked to make sure we were satisfied with the new accomodations & apologized again for having to move us. It really didn't seem like an inconvenience, in fact, it felt like we were being rewarded.

I had to call maintenance because 2 lights weren't working. Turns out I just hadn't found the switch and the lights had been shut off at their bases as well. Rueben (I think that was his name. A big teddy bear of a man) didn't even knock on the door at first because we had forgotten we had the do not disturb sign up. The front desk returned our call within 3 minutes of my original call and asked if it was okay for him to come inspect the problem. He never made me feel foolish. He was polite & courteous, explained what I was doing wrong and even told me that if I had any other difficulties not to hesitate calling the front desk & he would come right back.

Even though the weather was cold the heated pool (92 degrees) was wonderfully relaxing. I really enjoyed it, as well as the quick access to the beach. The front desk hands out beach towels so you don't have to use the ones in your room.

My husband is a shift worker & had trouble adjusting to vacation. At 4am I left the room hoping he could sleep better. Griselda at the front desk and Jacob in security not only made me feel comfortable while I sat in the lobby, they asked if there was anything they could get me and if I was warm enough as I sat there reading. When I asked for a later check out due to my husband's insomnia Griselda got on it right away.

Around 7am I smelled the most delicious breakfast wafting from the kitchens. It is delicious and worth the price.

I overheard one worker explaining a Winter Texan special to another couple and asked about it. It's a fabulous deal if you order by Feb 28, 2014 for the following winter & plan on staying for 30 days. It was then I learned the hotel has family rooms. I asked for a tour and Denise (formerly from Lake of the Ozarks near where I currently live) was happy to assist me. The family room has a full modern kitchen, large table with bench seating, L shaped queen size sofabed couch in the living room, and the bedroom contains 2 king size beds, 2 bunk beds (with their own tv), and a washer/dryer. The room can comfortably sleep 8 adults. Denise went on to explain the layout of adjoining rooms so if you wanted to have a family reunion & put the kids in here while the adults had separate rooms they could all connect without having to go out into the halls. If you need to book a family get together be sure to talk to Deinse & she will take care of you!

The cleaning & maintenance workers were always busy and it showed in the cleanliness of the entire hotel. It was quiet and enjoyable.

I always try to find one thing wrong with a hotel & I was hard pressed to find one here. I'm only disappointed that we booked reservations for Valentine's Day elsewhere as they offered the room, dinner at The Shrimp Haus, Access to the Water Park, Chocolate covered strawberries & champagne for $159/couple. Well worth the money! That will be my plan for next year.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view. Also the higher the number on the floor the better the cha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am glad that you had such a wonderful time and will be relaying your awesome comments to our staff.
Harlingen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

After all the fun we had during the day, all we wanted was a good night's sleep. ha! the beds SUCK. for as much as a night's sleep costs, you'd think they'd havr better mattresses. we heard kids running through the hallway ALL.NIGHT.LONG. the neighbors sounded as if they were letting the door just bang on the metal door latch (the one that secures the door when it's closed) over and over. When the sun finally came up, I went to the bathroom hoping for some peace and quiet. ... NOT SO FAST!! I could hear the OTHER neighbor doing his business. #s 1 AND 2.

• Stayed February 2014
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
My apologies for you not liking the comfort of our beds, that is actually one of our highest rated items in our rooms. We have a high end Denver Mattress in all of our rooms. I will look into your other issues as well, and again apologize for you not having a wonderful experience here in the hotel.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I'll be honest, we came here as plan B, for our 15th wedding anniversary and were not expecting this to be the romantic getaway we had previously planned that had fallen through the day before ....we had always viewed schitterbahn to be a family vacation place, not a romantic get-away, but we had a groupon and thought we would check it out!
The entire staff went way out of their way to accommodate us!!! We had some neighbor issues and things and they bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable.
They made our anniversary special, and we will be forever grateful to them. We are still staying here, but we are already looking forward to coming back to this very clean, well maintained and highly kind staff.
We came during winter season, and would have loved to try some of the restaurants that were closed, especially like the roof top grill(but it could be very cold in the winter! Depending on the weather!) and the swim up bar, ( I think they may be open on weekends) but were very pleased with the sea-side restaurant! I am allergic to gluten and dairy and was able to find a variety of things on the menu I could eat! The drinks were really good (I liked the regular margarita not the sweet blue one and the Mai tai was the best I've had!) everything here was better than we planned. We have visited a few of the nearby resorts for lunch and dinner and feel the staff and cleanliness here far surpassed anything else on this Island. We have yet to try the shrimp Haus but we will!
If you want a fun and relaxing vacation with a staff that cares, come here!

Room Tip: Beach front rocks!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that you had such a great time on your anniversary. We do our best to make every guest experience a memorable one. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Resort!

Been to Schlitterbahn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!