“Enjoyed the property” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Houston, Texas
“Enjoyed the property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family of 4 really enjoyed the property. The rooms was nice and being onsite was awesome. Enjoyed being on the beach and being able to wade fish/swim in addition to the water resort. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We are glad to hear that your stay was so great, and we look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to South Padre Island.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Humble, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed and played at Schlitterbahn SPI over the last weekend. While some
of the park and restaurants were closed, it was still a good time. Our room was clean and located in the building closest to the beach. We both thought the bed was comfortable and the room temperature was cool enough for us. It seemed fairly new and we liked being able to walk out of our room into the Torrent River. We both didn't like having to wear armbands all weekend but did like that the armband replaced the room key. We had breakfast and lunch at the hotel's restaurant by the beach and both meals were very good with excellent service.

Even though most of the rides were closed for the season, we had a great time because the park was not crowded at all. We never waited for more than 4 people to ride the slides before us. We also had the pool by the beach to ourselves for much of the mid day. It was a fun grown-up weekend.

I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We are happy to ear that you had such a great time. We are a place for kids of all ages. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time with my family. Rooms were clean but the bathroom was so small. The clean room made up for that flaw. The girls really enjoyed the park and they enjoyed the fact that neither one of them had to wait long for any of the rides.Staff very helpful and friendly. Will return to the resort.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for choosing Schlitterbahn on your trip to South Padre Island. We look forward to hosting you and your family on the next visit.
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 days and 1 night. The room was ok but the rest room was so small you cannot close the door when your using the toilet bowl. No free breakfast, but the water park is free (or is already included in your pay) for the whole family for 2 days, day of check in and Day of check out which is good. It makes it cheaper than checking in to a different hotel and paying for the water park. As long as they have that promo, I highly recommend it for a better stay and more time in shlitterbahn water parks.

• Stayed July 2013
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We do include the Waterpark on your room rate when the park is open, both during the summer season when the Outdoor and Indoor Park is open and during the Fall and Winter season when only the Indoor Park is open. We look forward to hosting you and your family again.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was the response I get from this place.

You see, we are a high maintenance family, with a mother-in-law at 90 years old with a heart of a 30 year old (we can all wish we are this way), and a 3 year old boy with the spirit of a 90 year old. Yes, God bless me.

My husband and I had just visited the New Braunfels site, and after reporting them to the Health Authorities and CDC (yes, just don't go there unless you want to walk out with serious illness, even my pediatrician scolded me on this one), we were a little concerned about going to South Padre.

When I called in, I asked to rent a cabana, and wanted to do this ahead of time due to Labor Day. Some how by the grace of God, i picked option "Nick" and "Nick" called back.

Through out the trip, this is what Nick did:
1. Text me throughout the drive to the hotel from airport to make sure he was available upon arrival.
2. When I text we were there, somehow it took him 1.2 minutes to get from his office to the front door, where he was standing to greet us. Yes, this trip may actually be good.
3. Nick made sure he checked out my husband, rang the bell hop, got us checked in, all before I could even get out of the car. Really?! I'm usually the first one through the door with guns-a-blazing. Remember, I have a walker, stroller, toys, handicap items to assist, luggage, luggage, luggage, and one eye on the 3 year old.
4. When we get to the waterpark, yep, Nick texts me. "Did they accommodate you?" Wow, yes, they did.
5. When we really needed to depart, and looking for our waitress (no fault of hers), Yep, I text Nick, and soon, she comes walking briskly down the walkway apologizing.

Aside for this service, look, it's a blast, especially if your child(ren) LOVES water. Pirate ships, fish submarines, mushrooms, animal pool, tubing, it's just great.

The restaurant on the top of the hotel by the ocean, we love this place. Good memories are there. It's beautiful, they are so nice and the food is really delicious.

The only complaint (and my gun is 'ablazing here), is that they would open the restaurant by the shore pool between the two buildings. Maybe they closed it due to end of season, but with the maintenance I had going on, it would have been a life savor in a couple of situations.

Nick, thank you. With your help, even I had a great time. And btw, you are in my contacts for next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
I am glad to hear that Nick treated you so well throughout your stay. We love to hear about our staff making these personal connections with our Guests. Thank you for choosing Schlitterbahn South Padre Island and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had an amazing weekend. The staff went out of their way to be helpful; always friendly and asking if there was anything they could do to help. The rooms are clean, quiet, well-appointed and the bed was terrific. Big HDTV with lots of stations to choose from.

The hotel includes an indoor waterpark (part of the Schlitterbahn family). The rides were great; the crowds reasonable. Had no problem finding a beach chair or a raft. Almost no lines for the rides.

All in all, it was a great weekend. We can't wait to return to SPI and will absolutely stay here again when we do so.

Room Tip: Go for the Ocean view room. It was really worth being able to sit up in bed in the morning and see...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad to hear that your weekend went so well and we appreciate the great review.
Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Treated granddaughters to fun trip & stay. So memorable. They were sooooooo happy and pleased.. Then granddaughters & their mom and dad went home......I stayed behind and had two sisters join me for one extra day of just grown-up fun...sunbathing, having lunch and drinks at beachfront restaurant there @ Schlitterbhan.....then we actually did the water slides at the hotel....crazy sisters having a great time ! loved the whole day, and ended with great dinner @ the Shrimp Haus. Trying to get reservations to get back there!

Room Tip: be honest in your needs/expectations at time of getting your room...they accommodate your needs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
There is always plenty to do for all ages here at the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort. Thank you for taking the time to write such a remarkable review. You can call 956-761-1160 for direct reservations.

Been to Schlitterbahn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!