This was the response I get from this place.
You see, we are a high maintenance family, with a mother-in-law at 90 years old with a heart of a 30 year old (we can all wish we are this way), and a 3 year old boy with the spirit of a 90 year old. Yes, God bless me.
My husband and I had just visited the New Braunfels site, and after reporting them to the Health Authorities and CDC (yes, just don't go there unless you want to walk out with serious illness, even my pediatrician scolded me on this one), we were a little concerned about going to South Padre.
When I called in, I asked to rent a cabana, and wanted to do this ahead of time due to Labor Day. Some how by the grace of God, i picked option "Nick" and "Nick" called back.
Through out the trip, this is what Nick did:
1. Text me throughout the drive to the hotel from airport to make sure he was available upon arrival.
2. When I text we were there, somehow it took him 1.2 minutes to get from his office to the front door, where he was standing to greet us. Yes, this trip may actually be good.
3. Nick made sure he checked out my husband, rang the bell hop, got us checked in, all before I could even get out of the car. Really?! I'm usually the first one through the door with guns-a-blazing. Remember, I have a walker, stroller, toys, handicap items to assist, luggage, luggage, luggage, and one eye on the 3 year old.
4. When we get to the waterpark, yep, Nick texts me. "Did they accommodate you?" Wow, yes, they did.
5. When we really needed to depart, and looking for our waitress (no fault of hers), Yep, I text Nick, and soon, she comes walking briskly down the walkway apologizing.
Aside for this service, look, it's a blast, especially if your child(ren) LOVES water. Pirate ships, fish submarines, mushrooms, animal pool, tubing, it's just great.
The restaurant on the top of the hotel by the ocean, we love this place. Good memories are there. It's beautiful, they are so nice and the food is really delicious.
The only complaint (and my gun is 'ablazing here), is that they would open the restaurant by the shore pool between the two buildings. Maybe they closed it due to end of season, but with the maintenance I had going on, it would have been a life savor in a couple of situations.
Nick, thank you. With your help, even I had a great time. And btw, you are in my contacts for next time.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.