“CRAPPY! Not a resort!” 1 of 5 stars

Schlitterbahn Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
“CRAPPY! Not a resort!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

If you have stayed at a resort and are expecting one, DO NOT COME HERE! This place has the worst service I have ever seen or experienced. The staff didn't know half of the information they were supposed to and were COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL! Their check in and out system was remedial at best and my 7 year old even started to complain about them. Now, she has stayed at nice resorts but that shouldn't matter to a 7 year old. She said the people were rude and never helped her when she asked them. The food was the only good thing about this entire place so if your wanting a resort feel GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! if your happy with cheap motel service and attitude then come here and waste your money. It's not worth it.

• Stayed July 2013
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I appreciate your comments and will share with my staff. I apologize for you not receiving the great customer service that we are known for delivering to our guests. Our check-in process is slightly longer than normal, but its due to the fact that we try to give our guests information about the indoor and outdoor Waterparks, operating hours and "Exclusive Ride Times" for resort guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked this resort for 2 nights over the telephone. The representative said my total price included 2 adults and a child with the waterpark admission included. I received an email confirming my reaervation stating so. When I arrived to check in, the front desk wanted to charge me double. Supposedly, the rep on the phone gave me the price for one adult and not 2. My email read 2 adults. After the front desk consulted their supervisor, the original price I was given was honored. This resort is overpriced. The woodwork throughout the resort is beautiful. The elevator took forever to go up and down. The room was spacious enough except for the restroom. Restroom was extremely small. I am petite and even I had a hard time fitting and changing in the restroom. At check out I was charged $4 for a bottle water in the room that I never touched. The front desk didn't want to deal with me for $4 so they credited me the amount back. Waterpark is nice. Will visit the waterpark again but will not be staying at the resort!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for writing a review for our Hotel. I apologize for the confusion on the rate when you booked, and I am glad to hear that the Front Desk agent honored the rate given to you on your confirmation. I appreciate your comments and will share with my staff.
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This resort is terrific. The kids (2 and 7) really enjoyed every aspect of the resort. The wave pool is great the staff was extremely friendly. The beach was not as packed as other areas of SPI. Our room which was very clean however the bathroom was a bit small and was not facing the beach but it did face the man-made beach that is connected to the indoor water park and is a very good view in-itself. The major downside is driving to the park (but that problem is being fixed). Safety is a HUGE part of vacationing for my family and at this resort it was evident, everywhere you looked a lifeguard was present and the safety tubes was why my 2 yr old never wanted to leave the water. I am definitely going back to this resort.

Warning: Dont let the price of the 2.50 breakfast tacos fool you 1 taco could feed 2 1/2 people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We appreciate your comments, and would like to thank you for writing a review. We take safety very seriously here at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort too. Our Operations department always exceeds Lifeguard standards and as you said, it shows. We look forward to having back with us.
Del Rio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went for the forth of July it was really nice, serves was great. I was expecting a better view of the beach because I had reserved a beach side view. the room was nice but the restroom was supper small. The resort was very easy to find and close to the beach. We all had a lot a fun. Great place to take the family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I'm glad to hear that your family had fun. We look forward to having back with us in the near future.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The kids really enjoyed the stay 7 year old, 6 year old and 2year old. We took a family vacation down to South Padre for three night and four days 4th of July weekend. It wasn’t as packed as I heard it was going to be which was a plus. We stayed at the resort and had easy access to the beach but kids enjoyed the water park better. . I did like everything about it but I honestly think it’s a little over price for a water park that is not done (construction) the water park is still being built which we did not know about. We thought it was going to be a lot bigger (NRh20) is a lot bigger than this water park but we heard this was a lot better which it wasn’t. FUN for the kids yes but not big. They don’t have complimentary breakfast which also sucks for the price you are paying, but we took our own food for breakfast and lunch. The staff looked a little frustrated with having to deal with people on the phone, over the desk and room services. They should think about hiring more people and on top of that you need to go to lobby to change your wrist band every day for the water park…so you have to wait about 10-15 minutes for another down fall on that for three egger kids trying to get wet. Over all it was a good vacation for the kids and us the beach sound and is beautiful but I would rather save my money for a better resort and finished water park. The rooms were big, clean but need more towels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for the comments and taking the time to write a review. We finishing up out underground tunnel but right now that is the only construction project we are working on. All the elements for the indoor park are complete.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ok location, fun beach but guest services and food were terrible!! Took 30 minutes for them to make 1 breakfast burrito!! For over 200 rooms they never had a luggage cart, not even at 5 am when no one was around. Will never stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you had a less than ideal stay with us, I will be passing on your comments to my staff to be addressed immediately.
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is clean, and well appointed, the staff at the hotel was extremely nice. Our six year old loved the indoor waterpark and the swim up bar.

In the fall they will have the tunnel built to the main park. There were shuttles to the park, but a long line, so we ended up walking the 10 minute walk, which was fine.

The park discount for people who stay at the resort was a great perk!

My only complaint is that there are no patios on the hotel rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the comments about our Hotel. By the weekend of July 12th our underground walkway will be completed and available for our guests to utilize.

Been to Schlitterbahn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!