“My top SPI pick” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Bloomington, Minnesota
“My top SPI pick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I spent the last week of June in SPI with my girlfriend. We went nuts and splurged on restaurants all week. We tried just about every place I found on Trip Advisor and this is my top pick. The only place I didn't get to try was Cafe Kranzler which I regret now. Sea 4 Ever totally made up for it though. IDK, maybe I just got lucky but I thought this place was top notch. It's a much bigger and fancier restaurant than I had envisioned it would be. There was some really cool woodwork on the ceiling and the view is the best on the Island bar none. We started with the $22 meat & cheese appetizer plate. I told you we splurged. It was good. I wouldn't get it again but it was definately an adventure. It was funny watching my Gf try some of the more flavorful cheeses. I got the Red Snapper with the Scallop add on and my Gf got the NY Strip. This was the only place we went that had a NY Strip. It's all Ribeyes in Texas. Anyway, hers was very good and her 2nd favorite steak of the trip behind the Ribeye at SPI Brewing Company. My fish was not only my favorite meal of the trip, but it was my favorite fish meal ever, narrowly edging out the Mahi Mahi I had back home in MN years ago, and the Walleye I caught and cooked at a lodge in Canada. It was perfectly cooked and ridiculously good. The scallops were jumbo and really good too. Even the drinks were good. A lot places in SPI have a pretty weak pour but I was nice and warm after just two tropical sunrises. I had no idea this place was on the roof of the Schlitterbahn Resort until we got there. Maybe that's why this place is so overlooked. It's kinda hard to get to. The parking lot says 'resort guests only' so we took the shuttle over from Schlitterbahn's front gate, then I had to walk back after the last shuttle had gone. Our waiter told us next time just to park in the resort lot and tell the front desk your going to Sea 4 Ever and give them you license plate #. I'm not surprised this place was good because a lot the food at Schlitterbahn was surprisingly good and this is their best restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“Great views, so so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at the resort and ate here one night. The wine list is good in affordability and variety. The view, the kids pasta, and the appetizers were excellent. The entrees were simply overcooked or in my wife's case, wrong. Server was nice about replacing it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Could never find out when opens”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great view of ocean. Went around 2 and was closed. Went back after 5 when to,d it would be open, it was closed and you g man wiping down tables. Asked she it would open and he said he didn't know, he was just told to wipe off tables. Again, as I. This whole place, teens are run ing it, never saw adult supervisor, and service and professionalism are words that are unknown by management. I can't help but wonder if place is hiring inexperienced teens to pay less and has absolutely no training g program

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rene V, Manager at Sea 4 Ever, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
My apologies for you not getting an answer to your question while you were here. I will make sure that everyone knos the hours of operation for the Sea4Ever restaurant. The only day that the restaurant is closed right now is Wednesdays and the bar opens at 4pm and we start serving food at 5pm. If there are any further questions we will be happy to answer at 956-761-1160.
Austin, Texas, United States
“What a wonderful beach view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food was good, but the view is really why you go to this place. It is open air but contained on the sides so it isn't terribly windy. It has this great expansive view of the beach. The cocktails are great, too!

Visited June 2013
Rene V, Manager at Sea 4 Ever, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for the great review, and I'm to happy to hear that you liked our Restaurant.
Houston, Texas
“Surf Watching”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We only went for appetizers, but they were very good, the staff was pleasant, and they had a live musician playing relaxing music for us. Worth the quick visit.

Visited November 2012
Rene V, General Manager at Sea 4 Ever, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review. Hope to see you back soon.