“Great Beach Hotel and Very Pet Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7000 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Walton, Nebraska
“Great Beach Hotel and Very Pet Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed here while on vacation and had a very pleasant stay. I had brought my dog and she was able to stay for no extra cost. I would not book this hotel for a romantic get away, but it would make for a fantastic family vacation spot at a reasonable price. We went at the beginning of May and were able to get a room for $63 a night with a AAA discount. I would not recommend getting a gulf front room as it would most likely be quite noisy from the pool below and the bar next door. We stayed on the side facing the HIlton and heard very little outside noise. The hotel staff were friendly and there was great beach access. There is also a snack bar by the pool which serves regular and adult beverages.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side facing the Hilton are very quiet. There is a noisy bar on the south sid...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate you choosing La Quinta and taking the time to leave very kind comments regarding your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our pet friendly environment, great rates, and overall enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff will be pleased that you found them friendly and accommodating. Please come visit us again the next time you visit South Padre Island.

Aaron R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Austin, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lq SPI was a great value. It's a full service hotel right on the beach with poolside grill and bar. Perfect for weekend get away. Spouse and I never left hotel. Right next door stumbling distance you have one of most popular island bar with live entertainment. The hotel next door offers similar service as lq and charges twice as much for their rooms. Spouse already booked next visit, and we're taking the kids.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of staying with us with fellow Trip Advisor users. We are glad to hear you loved our hotel. It’s always a pleasure to read honest reviews of satisfied customers. We can wait to see you back here again during your next visit with the kids.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and pleasure On the 2nd of May this year. The best value is stay during the week from Sunday night through Thursday Using the Southwest green value coupon book. This is available for many Texas Welcome Center. Stay on the top floor It is the most noise free do too thin ceilings. There elevators at each end of the hall. Parking is very good. But they should at ballet because it's a long walk to the end of the driveway. Excellent breakfast. Both American and Southwest Mexican style. Great pillowtop beds And every room has a setting balcony ihat viewa the Gulgroad of Mecico.Also a great beach For swimming and surfboarding and sailboarding. Don't forget to stop at Joe's restaurant behind the post office in Port Isabel across the bridge, Fantastic seafood and cheap prices. Adios amigos.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you had a great and enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for complementing our breakfast, hotel rates, and rooms. Our staff will be pleased to know that they have been very accommodating and helpful. Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn and we hope to see you the next time you’re in SPI.

Bests,
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I was at this hotel between the 25th and the 29th of April 2013. On the 28th morning, after breakfast I left my purse on the chair in the breakfast area at closing time. We were almost the last to leave. When we did there was only one person still having breakfast and it was past 10:00 am so noone else could have come in. my purse was hanging from a chair that was right in front of the kitchen door in a corner to the side of the room. As soon as I discovered my purse was missing, I ran back to the breakfast area and I was informed by the staff that they had brought my purse to the concierge. There i found my purse. My ID and credit cards were thankfully there but my cash was all gone, save for one dollar. It was about $80.00. I complained to the front desk, but they did not even make the slightest attempt to write down a report, or promised to ask the staff about my purse and its contents, they pretty much just stared back. Unsatisfied by their reaction, I went back minutes later and asked them whther they could look at their cameras, but they said apparently they had none in the breakfast area. I strongly suspect the staff. I will not be back.
Also, there was construction during the weekdays right next door so we were awoken every day to incessant hammering. On the weekend, loud music from a business next door went on until midnight. The pros are that it is on the beach, with a very nice access, it is sufficiently clean, it is close to a bird nature preserve.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The hotel was very clean, there was an abundence of staff about, especially mopping the tile on the first floor that lead to the pool. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. The pool was usually too crowded to enjoy, but thinned out to tolerable levels on weeknights after 9 pm. The front desk desk was very helpful, even gave my daughter some burn cream to help with pain after she encountered a man o' war on the beach. The beach front location was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us and fellow Trip Advisors users a quality review. We are very happy you had a great time with us. We appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness in our hotel and the helpfulness of the staff. Thank you for choosing us once again and we hope to see you again.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

kids in pool and hot tub all night, constant running and noise all night, no security, and employees at the hotel no help...if you are looking for a get away for two as we were and booked a suite looking at the ocean ? save your time and money as this is not it period...

Room Tip: dont stay here ... is a good ideal
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach? Share your experiences!