I was recently in South Padre for a training and stayed at La Quinta Inn on the north end of the island. I had a side room with a view of both the bay and Gulf of Mexico. I saw both the sunrise and sunset from my tiny balcony. When you get there you get a voucher for one free happy hour drink for every night you stay there and you can also get soda if you don't drink but I think some sort of minor payment is involved. They are next to Clayton's Bar and Grill with a patio allowing you to see the waves pounding the surf as you eat shrimp on the table. There are tall tables along the edge of the patio to see the ocean and there are other regular size tables for eating further in. The hotel has a walkway straight to the beach on the Gulf of Mexico side. One night there was a power outage in the hotel and the entire staff from manager to janitorial were there to lend a hand taking you and guiding you around the hotel as needed. There were emergency lights so there was lighting, but if you were not confident, they would walk with you to your location with a flashlight leading the way. They kept the first floor well swept and clean of any sandy residue from the beach. I slept with my windows open and the ocean breeze coming in and the ceiling fan circulating the air. Overall I had an enjoyable experience there.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites South Padre Hotel
- La Quinta Inn And Suites South Padre Hotel South Padre Island
- La Quinta South Padre Island
- South Padre Island La Quinta
- s Padre Island
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.