“Loved this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Turtle, Inc.

Sea Turtle, Inc.
6617 Padre Blvd., P. O. Box 3987, South Padre Island, TX 78597
956-761-4511
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Islands, Beaches, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Who is your favorite turtle?Ila Loetscher, the "Turtle Lady of South Padre Island", originally formed our organization to save the Kemp's ridley sea turtle in 1977. Now we are a sea turtle hospital with a mission to rehabilitate and release any injured sea turtles, increase awareness concerning their safety and habitat, and assist with conservation efforts for all sea turtle species. We are funded by donations, grants and gift shop proceeds-- 80% goes to help sea turtles locally, and 20% funds other sea turtle projects around the world. For rehabilitated sea turtle and hatchling release text message notifications, please see our website membership page. See you at Sea Turtle, Inc.!
Bedford
12 attraction reviews
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Until I visited Sea Turtle Inc. I never really thought much one way or the other about how we impact sea turtles. We walked around for a bit and watched the turtles.The young lady who gave the talk about sea turtles was absolutely excellent. She was soooo passionate about the turtles and I learned a great deal - especially how harmful plastics sacks can be. I wish we had the opportunity to witness the release of the baby sea turtles. But mother nature did not cooperate with our schedule. I would recommend anyone who is heading that way to check their facebook page and/or website. Either way - it's worth the visit.

Visited July 2012

Coldspring, Texas
23 attraction reviews
“Best place to go on south padre island!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We loved the sea turtles. It is a must see when you are on the island. They do such an awesome job on rehabilitating the sea turtles and releasing them back to the ocean. My wife fell in love with Gerry who is 30 years old and will out live all of us. They say 150 years. And he live to have his picture taken:)

Austin, Texas
“LOVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went for a second time in August and just loved it again! The staff is so welcoming and will answer endless questions. They really work hard to save the turtles and it's nice to see how they have saved so many. Allison was our favorite this time!

Houston, Texas
“Most amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

As soon as I walked in, this place brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am so glad I was able to visit and see with my own eyes how there is people out there that still care. You walk in to this place full of huge tanks. When you get closer to each tank, you get a little background of the turtle that occupies that tank. They all have gone through a tough journey but seem to be in better hands. Make sure to make your way to the back where you will get to see the famous turtle, forgot his name. Wonderful place to take kids so they can learn the reason why we need to keep our oceans clean. Basically this is an eye-opener kind of place.

“Worth the $3 donation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is great to see sea turtles up close and personal. The place is small so don't expect to be there long but worth the money.