I have stayed at the Palms Resort twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep in mind that I'm a female in my mid-50s and I prefer a laid-back down-home feeling as opposed to upscale modern amenities. I like the fact that the rooms feel like a little apartment as opposed to a hotel room. Even though I've only spent a night at a time here, I am certain I would be comfortable spending a month or two here. They have a fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, internet and cable TV. They are right on the beach and have a restaurant on-site. I will have to say that I think the restaurant is a little pricey, but then again, I think ALL the restaurants on South Padre Island are pricey.
This is just a small, two-story property, and not a large resort-type hotel. Be prepared for that, or you will be disappointed if you are expecting frills. It is cute, clean, and the employees are courteous and helpful. It all depends on what you want in a vacation. If you want top-of-the-line amenities with all the luxuries, go to one of the high-end resorts on the island. If you want just a comfortable homey and cozy feel, you'll feel at home at the Palms Resort.
One thing I would suggest is that they update their TVs to larger flat screen units that sit lower on the walls. Even though I don't watch a lot of TV when I'm on vacation, the units they have near the ceiling that tilt to the living and bedroom areas are dated and small and it's kind of uncomfortable to have to look up so high to watch TV. Just my opinion.
I would have posted pictures of my unit, but they look exactly like the others already posted.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel
- The Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms South Padre Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the white sand beaches of South Padre Island, The Palms Resort is a relaxing oasis boasting beach front access, stylish, comfortable accommodations, and friendly, attentive service. Our resort offers guests the personal service of an intimate boutique hotel with the modern amenities of larger business hotels. Our award winning beachside retaurant (The Cafe on the Beach) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start your day with Eggs Benedict and a mimosa. End your day with steak and lobster and a fine wine. Enjoy mojitos poolside from our full service bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your The Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.