“Great Birthday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florence II

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Padre Island
Florence II
Save Saved
You added Florence II to your Saves list
Padre Island, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Denton, Texas
“Great Birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family spent 4 days and 3 wonderful nights at Florence II 402B. My daughter rented this condo for my 50th birthday and it was perfect. The pictures are of the condo as it is today and the view is truly that spectacular! The condominium is well equipped, clean, and spacious. We already have plans to rent it again in September and Christmas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 via mobile

We stayed in Florence II 501 last summer and fell in love with this condo....And Also stayed the same time frame of elevators be out because of the hurricane. We called to book this condo again this summer and it's no longer up for rent which is very disappointing.... So we will be staying in 502 this summer I hope it's just as nice!!!

• Stayed July 2010
THE COLONY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Totally disappointed!
1. We have to use stair to 4th floor due to broken elevator.
2. The actual room is a whole lot older than the picture shown
3. Very smelly room
4. Kitchen equipment are way old and corroted.
5. Couch and seats are old with dirty spots
I would not reccomend this place to anyone especially family with small kids

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

My family & I just returned from a quick trip to SPI where we stayed at the Florence II Rm. 201 for one night. The place was well taken care of, quiet and clean. The first thing I noticed, well after the fact that we had garage parking, when we entered the condo was that it smelled like it had recently been cleaned. My two children thought it was the "most beautiful place ever." I think we got a heck of a deal for the money we paid.

The condo was spacious--2 beds (1 queen, 2 twins), 2 baths-- with an open kitchen/ living/ dining area. The view from the living room was top notch ( an entire wall of windows with 2 sliding glass doors--see pictures). There was a pool and hot tub, but we were only there for the beach. Our friends who were staying at the Inverness (right next door) commented on how well kept the property was, much better than their condo.

The beach access was fantastic, and the nighttime crabbing was a hoot. I do not think I have ever seen that many crabs on a beach. Just remember to bring a BIG bucket. Those boogers are fearless and mean! If you are looking for seashells, I recommend driving down Padre Blvd. to public access #6. There is a $3 charge to get in, but there are tons of beautiful shells (the further down you go, the better the shells). Also, don't forget to stop at Sea Turtle Inc. to check out their turtle rescue facility.

I should add that Island Services (the group that manages the unit we stayed in) requires a 3 night min. for reservations over the phone. However, for those who cannot commit to 3 days, if you show up & they have something available, you can rent for 1 or 2 nights.

We had a great time at the Florence II and we will go back!

• Liked — it was clean & there was covered (free) parking
  • Disliked — the elevator was hot, but it was cleaned every morning so that made it bearable
  • Tips/Secrets — hunt for seashells at public beach access #6 & visit Sea Turtle Inc.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2005

Light traffic on this part of the road and a short and safe walk to the liquor store. The condo is clean and roomy and very 'beach-like'. The balcony in the 2 bedroom is large and the windows overlooking the ocean are fabulous. THe sunsets are magnificant! This part of South Padre has the most crabs so if you're into hunting for beach crabs, this is the place to do it! The pool is quaint although everyone can stare down upon you from thier balconies. We will definently stay again!

• Stayed May 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2003

The location was quiet, with little traffic, as another reviewer said.
Just a short walk to pick up small grocery items. Safe parking area and nice neighbors. Very beautiful beach view and my morning jogs were great. I liked the little swimming pool, too.

The only bad thing was this big, Texas-sized roach that invaded one night. I had to lasso it and it took two of us to drag it outside. My understanding is that there are alot of those on the beach and they are hard to get rid of. I don't think they'll hurt anyone, and you should keep your food put up anyway, but they are rather large, almost a foot long with a wingspan of nearly a yard.

Been to Florence II? Share your experiences!