“Was impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
“Was impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Was impressed with their rooms, the hubby&I slept in a comfortable king sized bed,we had a balcony which we were able to enjoy watching the bay as well as the queen isabella Bridge,there rooms are updated with a flat stove, refrigerator &microwave.room was clean.this hotel has a bbq grill(1st come1st serve)which you can use and grill some burgers for your kids or friends while they take a swim. We will definitely be back.. oh and staff was very helpful&friendly..

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Overall this is a good place to stay in SPI. We have come twice for weekend trips.The staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and they have microwaves and refrigerators. It has its few small issues, like the air conditioner in one room was loud and didn't work properly, there was a crack in the ceiling in another room, the pool was not very clean once (but we have used the hot tub and it worked great). But these are minor things and I will say that I love the view from the balcony. It overlooks the bay and the bridge from the mainland. Very nice at sunset. I have not been disappointed when leaving and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Both times we called the hotel to book instead of online, and they gave us a deal over the phone wit...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

the staff at the hotel were very nice to me, I really felt welcome (Aaron & Wishper were very nice and friendly), I liked the hotel a lot, as days were passing I was very satisfied with my stay, the location was great and even that I read bad reviews about the place being remodel it didn't bother me at all... I got a nice and clean room on the first floor next to the pool, I opened the door and spend a lot of time in the balcony but I got some insect bites, I thought mosquito bites, second day where worst then on third day it was very bad. I told Aaron upon checking out more as a comment than a as complain, he apologies and offer me to go check the room which I said there's no need to, it may happen due to the back room door being opened, I still have no complains about my stay just that little issue that I can't really blame at the hotel...

Room Tip: last night I stayed there next room people were very noisy at 4am... nothing to do with the hotel to...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Pharr, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We arrived at the Inn and they took all our stuff to our room. It was a beautiful place. We faced the bay and saw some good sunsets. We had refrigerator and microwave and two beds. Nice floors and nice bathroom. Friendly staff on hand 24 hours a day. Waffles, muffins, danish and toast for breakfast. Next time we will stay on upper floor so we can see better. Aaron, the manager, was terrific.

Room Tip: There are bay view rooms. All those have balconies. There are room with kitchenettes also.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

We made reservations online for Blue Bay Inn on their own website. We reserved a room for one night with a balcony. We arrived at the hotel, checked in and went to our room. No balcony, just a regular old room. Went back to the checkin desk and was told that they mixed up our reservations with someone else. If we had been staying longer than 1 night, I would have been really angry but since we were just there for the night, I didn't let it bother me too much. Everyone was very nice and the room seemed to be in ok condition. I am not one to go around looking at everything in detail. It did its job for the night. I would stay here again for one night but would not want to be here for longer than that.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

Things usually never go according to plan for me. Sadly, this has been the story of my life and my trip to the island with my family this past weekend was no exception. But thanks to the excellent service that the professional staff at the Blue Bay Inn & Suites provided, my weekend turned out to be one to remember. The quality of service they offer is truly unmatched by any other. It is at the perfect location with the perfect price and the perfect measure of comfort and style. It is our new home away from home and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay and relax. I am extremely fortunate to have found a place with such a dedicated staff who will always put your best interests first, plus will find and give you helpfull & smart advise, and best of all will treat you with respect. Thank you all for helping us create memorable moments. Special thanks goes to Kevin Patel (GM), Aaron (M), Osiel & Javier (Front Desk). See you soon!

• Stayed September 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 via mobile

I travelled to SPI with my 85 year old mother so she could see the beach and the bay and reunite with some old friends.

This hotel was cheaper than others I looked at and I thought it was because it was bayside. At well over $100 I thought we would be getting a mid-range hotel experience. I was disappointed in the appearance of the hotel and the rooms. It is old and badly in need of renovations so it is good that is underway. I really wanted a balcony so my mom and I could enjoy a sunset or morning coffee.

The noise from the pool (directly below the balconies) made this a less than enjoyable experience but the view was lovely.

The balcony door handle was broken and the locking mechanism was too.

There were some bugs in our room which troubled my mother. The floor was uneven creating a trip hazard.

I must say that Kevin and Javier at the front desk were very kind and accommodating. We were given our choice of rooms and keys to both upon check-in so we could choose which room we wanted...that was very nice. The view was lovely, too. The breakfast consisted of waffles (the iron was sticking so took a long time to pry the bits and pieces off) bags of mini donuts and cello wrapped danish. The lobby furniture is not suited to eating breakfast...they would do better with regular table and chairs.

The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful before and during our stay. They are the best thing about the hotel.

This really felt like a low end motel chain with a balcony. I won't be back. Next time I will pay a bit more and hope for a better experience beach side.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Blue Bay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!