“Good for the price but cleanliness needs attention” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Blue Bay Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Blue Bay Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
“Good for the price but cleanliness needs attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good service and family oriented atmosphere... but make sure if your moving the beds around you might find ALL kinds of wrappers under... we didnt make a big deal out of it... but yeahh management needs to make sure rooms are clean before putting any new customers in...

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just returned from a two night stay (my second time staying here) and I was so impressed with the customer service improvements with the new owner. Kevin was the coolest and nicest guy. and I loved the energy of everyone there! When the renovations come to the rooms this year this place is going to be awesome! We already are making plans to stay over Labor Day weekend

Room Tip: I love elevators so my tip is the 3rd or 4th floors lol
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
McAllen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Me and my girlfriend stay here every time we visit South Padre Island. Its a nice little hotel that is cost effective. Couple things could be better like better parking lot lighting feels unsafe also better hallway and hotel room lighting. Also so customer service training for staff as a self employed business owner i only want people to work for me who are sincere with costumers and are willing to help.

Room Tip: Suites are nice and affordable Sunday and Mondays
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Irving, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My boyfriend owns a condo in South Padre Island and we had brought down furniture and we couldn't stay at his condo because he had renter's in it at the time so after driving on the road all Friday night into Saturday morning we decided to get a hotel there on the island and rest before we went to the condo. The sign out front at the Blue Bay Inn advertises rooms for $29 a night however when I went inside to check out a room they stated that it would be $54 a night and it wasn't even a room with a view of the bay. There are so many Winter Texans that visit South Padre and it is sad if they are being taken advantage from hotels like this. I would never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We found this room at 37 dllr per night rate and we are pleasantly surprised...
beds...awesome!!
bathroom... great!!
continental breakfast... good!!
internet... pretty good
and the wonderful bay views...

and my husband loves it... we planning to stay there again!!!

Room Tip: rooms doesn't have microvawe, there's one each floor... but they have minifridges...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and for the price of this hotel it was the worst ever. The staff was not helpful what so ever, and very rude. We got there and then I was quoted a highter rate for additional day. We ended up leaving! Horrible experience ever. There were bugs in the rooms and even crawling in the hallways. I told them about the bugs, and about not having any clean towels and for 4 people they gave me 2 towels. I told the girl your kidding me right she never dropped anymore. House cleaning they were not because rooms were not clean the 2nd day I had no towels and had to go and ask for some again. The room, restroom was nasty. I had to go ask for an iron and iron board. The ac was not working it kept turning off and it was very hot. The hallways were very hot as well. I even asked them for bug spray, the elevator would get stuck and one of the workers kept telling me yeah it's been like that for awhile. I told him well it needs to get fix. The swimming pool was very small and not enough room for the hotel guest. I would not reccommend this hotel not even for my worst enemy, There was 1 microwave for the whole floor.

Room Tip: For the protection of your family whether business or family vacation. Do not take a chance at this...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel with a cheer group. I should have known the experience I was going to have from the minute I walked in. I was quoted a price and then when we went to check in the price for the last day went up 30 dollars. Then my room the ac did not work very well. House cleaning went into the room but just changed the towels, they did not clean the room. The staff was so rude on a couple of occasions I asked questions about places in the area they responded with a short unhelpful answer. I guess they couldn't get off of Facebook long enough to help a guest. One night we were there the hotel staff had all of their family over for a swim and a barbecue. I know for a fact it was a couple of house keepers and even the so called manager. They took over the whole pool are literally all day. Even until 3 am and the children that were with them were rude to our girls that were swimming. One woman even got into it with one of my parents. The elevator kept getting stuck. The pillows were flat and uncomfortable. I do not recommend anyone stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Blue Bay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!