“iv stayed here a few times and now i wont ever go back ( roaches )” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 South Padre Island

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 South Padre Island to your Saves list
Motel 6 South Padre Island
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4013 Padre Boulevard, Island Causeway at Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Laredo, Texas
“iv stayed here a few times and now i wont ever go back ( roaches )”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

iv stayed here a few times and i never had anything but good to say! well this trip it was bad! roaches in the room! what more has to be said? how ever the staff was great! very nice folks upon check in !

Room Tip: i would not stay there till they take care of the bugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location, room is great and outstanding service. Have paid more and got less. The rooms are Clean and very well kept. I like the TV mounted on the wall. This location has on site washer and dryer available. Walking distance to the shore. Next door is an excellent restaurant - good food and service there!

• Stayed August 2012
Pearsall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was nice. However the room that we were put in smelled wet, there was an AC problem. We had to switch rooms at 3AM because the AC was not cooling. Apparently none of the AC's work because even the second room did not get cool, we all slept with no covers. The AC was not as a bad of a problem as all the roaches that were crawling around. I would not recommend that anyone give a single dollar to this place. Do not be fooled by the "renovations"

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was attacked by vicious bed bugs after taking a 2 hour nap when we first arrived. I was itching the rest of the day! A/C did not work and the room stayed at around 85 degrees in mid July. The woman at the desk couldn't care less when I asked her about it. Had to go to walmart and buy a fan at midnight just to be able to sleep. ONLY 5 channels worked on the TV and it was super slow with bad reception. Had to cancel our second day and check out and then our vacation went MUCH better! Trust me, just spend a bit more on a better place! This place truly sucks. Oh yeah, TINY SHOWER AND ROOM!! Shower was literally like like 1 ft by 1 ft. Not close to the beach unless you wanna cross heavy traffic and walk a few blocks.. Only good thing is that the morning we checked out a new manager seemed to actually care and gave us a $50 credit along with a refund for the second day... I've never been the type to complain, but this motel thoroughly sucked! Take my warning if you are wise and don't want your girl to be pissed at you...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

we stayed there twice now and will keep going there! great price clean and the staff care's if you need something just ask!! good parking and just about a 1 min walk to the gulf ! for the price i was very happy

Room Tip: we where there over xmas and it was a great deal under $40,00 a night
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Yeah, its true that I got sick. We spent one night there, arrived fully healthy, and the next morning we were sick to our stomachs and I lost my voice. So, we went to the island doctor and he said to check the room for mold or mildew. I took the pillow case off of my pillow and my pillow was black and green. I had slept on that pillow all night long. We took it back to the doctor and he said that is what made us sick. We returned to the hotel to show them the pillow and they apologized and then promptly refunded our money and even offered a free nights stay, to which we declined. They also paid us back for the doctor's visit. ($100) They asked for the pillow back, but I don't know if they threw it away or not. Just remember you get what you pay for. Fork up a few more bucks and go to LaQuinta, or someplace else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

My best friend and I decided to stay there while we were in padre. The minute we opened the door to walk in we saw a roach! A roach in the living room, bathroom and one in my bed the last night there. We had issues with the plumbing and our room cards. We had to visit the desk 3 times to get everything right. It just wasn't the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Motel 6 South Padre Island? Share your experiences!