“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Tulsa, OK
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Overall we received excellent service at the hotel from check in, to desk service to the security guards that were working on the property for spring break and great service at check out. We received a pretty good rate and my honest opinion was that it was the right place for us that spring break week. There was a security deposit that had to be put in up front during that week, but it was quickly refunded after our stay. I stayed in the hotel with my two college aged sons and their friend. The hotel security did a great job of allowing the college kids to have a good time while ensuring things didn't get to out of control or unsafe. It was Texas week during spring break so there had to be some understanding of later nights and lots of people. The only downside for the boys was that it was a bit of a drive from most of the clubs and spring break activities on the beach. It is only a short walk for beach access and they do have a decent pool. I would say if you are looking for a good value and don't have to be right on the party for spring break it is a great place to try. I think it is the kind of place I could take family and receive a good South Padre value at other times in the year. Thanks Travelodge. I think we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

spent a weekend @ SPI travel lodge and everything was excellent. the staff was friendly especially Freddy , the Front Desk clerk. He was professional and courteous. Me and the family will stay here again.

Room Tip: taxis on SPI are cheap.. no need to drive drunk.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sachse, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family checked in Thursday night. Although I purchased room on Priceline, I was told by front desk I would still have to pay $2/night resort fee. I agreed as it was too late to argue about it. I was amazed at the size of the room & really impressed with the little kitchen area. Although we ate out everyday, it was nice to know we had a mini stove, refrigerator & microwave available. The kitchen area also had dishes, pans & cabinet space. We noticed the floor was very gritty with sand so made sure to wear flip flops at all times. I was not happy to see we were only given 2 bath towels and both towels were dingy looking. We were given a bit of a hassle for more towels. The front desk person told us they were running short on towels and would only replace what we turned in. I reiterated that we were not given any wash clothes and were shorted a bath towel. The front desk finally sent someone with more towels. The next day we encountered the very same thing but this time, no towel to step out on after showering. We went to the front desk for more towels and made sure to tell them to leave us 4 bath towels & 4 wash clothes from now on. On our third day, still only two bath towels. I was livid. Why such a hassle for towels? This time, the front desk stated they had no towels but they would send housekeeping with more while we were out. Upon our return that evening, we found no additional towels. Paying the "resort fee", I was not expecting to visit the front desk daily for towels. We will not be returning to this location. Also, they only offer waffles, donuts & cereal for continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wheat Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Everything about this hotel goes above the normal guidelines! Their cleanliness and customer service is outstanding! I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge South Padre Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge South Padre Island

Address: 6200 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > South Padre Island
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge South Padre Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
Travel Lodge South Padre Island
South Padre Island Travelodge
South Padre Island Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Travelodge South Padre Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.