“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6200 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had stayed here years ago when it first opened. This time we were staying 1 night until our condo for the month was available. Had a king room with jacuzzi tub which I enjoyed. Room was well maintain, large, and up to date. Front desk staff were excellent. Happy hour and breakfast were good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

995 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Royal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this room on the internet and were surprised to see that it exceeded our expectations. Considering the price, we really couldn't ask for more. Our room was comfortable with a king bed and a jacuzzi tub. The room itself was spacious and had everything we needed during our stay. Easy access to the beach and good location for everything else on the island. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Morristown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Louis was the nicest person I met on the whole Island of South Padre. He was very friendly and helpful when it came accomodations in the area. He was the most friendly person I've ever met at a motel. He greeted us at the pool within 10 minutes of our arrival and gave us helpful hints on beach access and resturants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights with 2 friends. The price was decent but what I didn't like was that I was not informed of the required $250 deposit until check-in (I made my reservations 2 months in advance). Also, my credit card was charged for almost $500 on the 2nd day of my stay because of a "glitch in the system" as the hotel employee explained it. The system audits all of the cards each day to see which ones have outstanding balances and then charges them what is owed. I paid my total balance at check-in so this $500 was fraudulently taken from my account without my authorization. The attendant was very nonchalant about the whole situation and was not very helpful until I told her that I would be telling my bank to file a fraud claim against them.

I would suggest telling the hotel to take your card out of the system after you have paid your balance so that something like this doesn't happen to you.

Luis, the attendant at breakfast is great!

Other than the surprise deposit and the unauthorized charges to my card, I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge South Padre Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge South Padre Island

Address: 6200 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, TX 78597
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > South Padre Island
Ranked #3 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge South Padre Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Travelodge South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
Travel Lodge South Padre Island
South Padre Island Travelodge
South Padre Island Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Travelodge South Padre Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.