I stayed for 4 nights with 2 friends. The price was decent but what I didn't like was that I was not informed of the required $250 deposit until check-in (I made my reservations 2 months in advance). Also, my credit card was charged for almost $500 on the 2nd day of my stay because of a "glitch in the system" as the hotel employee explained it. The system audits all of the cards each day to see which ones have outstanding balances and then charges them what is owed. I paid my total balance at check-in so this $500 was fraudulently taken from my account without my authorization. The attendant was very nonchalant about the whole situation and was not very helpful until I told her that I would be telling my bank to file a fraud claim against them.
I would suggest telling the hotel to take your card out of the system after you have paid your balance so that something like this doesn't happen to you.
Luis, the attendant at breakfast is great!
Other than the surprise deposit and the unauthorized charges to my card, I enjoyed the stay.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Travelodge South Padre Island Hotel
- Travelodge South Padre
- Travel Lodge South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Travelodge
- South Padre Island Travel Lodge
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Travelodge South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.