Did not appreciate paying for the "in-room safe" which amounted to a strong-box perched on the waste paper basket. We did not request it, did not use it, but were charged for it at check out. BIG thumbs down on that! Final charge was 25$ more than stated at booking due to "safe" and "TV Package", again not requested. I don;t like that nickel-and-diming tactic . Makes them cheesy.
The heater for the hot tub was also not reliable so at times you were very hot and others it was luke-warm. For two days the water in the hot tub was was cloudy and murky - did not get in the hot tub then.
Internet service not dependable-- in four days I had 2-4 interruptions daily - up to 30 -45 minutes delay at times.
The staff however was GREAT. Hector at check -in could not have welcomed us better made us feel so welcome and at home. and big thanks to Luis for his constant smiles and always cheerful good-mornings, hugs, and for the BEST waffles this side of the Mississippi.
Also hats-off to the housekeeping staff on second floor - these gals were great - efficient, pleasant and always kept the room spotless.
A lot of snow-birds this time of year - they sort of take the hotel over. They are all friendly and nice, but they monopolize the breakfast and meeting room. They said some of them have booked rooms for generations, so you get the feeling that you are not "one of them" and that you are sort of crashing their party. That's not a negative, but if you are just passing through, you get it.
This is a good deal for an off-beach hotel - but just on the edge of calling it within walking distance despite "private walkway" to the beach. You cannot hear or see the ocean from the hotel. The terrace and pool areas wonderful for sunning. Outdoor furniture well used but clean. Overall a good deal for the price paid - Note: not a luxury stay but very clean and comfortable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Travel Lodge South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Travelodge
- South Padre Island Travel Lodge