“SUPER 8 - A place to rest your head.....not #1.....” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 South Padre Island to your Saves list
Super 8 South Padre Island
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
New Jersey
“SUPER 8 - A place to rest your head.....not #1.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

I recently stayed at Super 8 for 1 night. The room was small. There were wrist bands under the front of the bed which were not picked up from the previous week. The pool area and pool is very small. There were only 3-4 adults and 5 kids and it was crowded. There were only 5 lounge chairs and crowded. For the price $50.00 plus taxes I could have stayed on the beach at several of the local motels and hotels. The maids were at our door at 11:50 am seeing if we were leaving. The checkout is 12 Noon. All of our bags were near the door as we returned from breakfast. I could understand if they were full and awaiting a large crowd but this was non peak season. I think the number 1 status is not accurate. No problems with the staff. If you were staying for more than two or three days way to small...

• Stayed April 2006

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2006

The Super 8 Hotel in South Padre, TX, is a pretty good deal in winter: the rooms are fairly large and clean, some have jacuzzi tubs, and they have a daily complimentary happy hour in the lobby. Additionally, the manager is quite a nice and reasonable fellow--there was a discrepancy between the price quoted to me by my travel agent and the price the hotel was going to charge me. The manager diplomatically handled the situation and charged me the lesser price. I would go back again.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2006

I CAME BACK !!!

After many winters in Florida, my first experience with South Padre Island was last winter. My elderly parents, who joined me, still speak highly of their stay at the Super 8. Although Dad's failing health no longer permits any travel, I notice how his eye's light up at the mention of the Super 8.

Josh (the Manager) his wife and staff made my parents stay as comfortable as possible. They were very acommodating and understanding of Dad's limitations.

Without hesitation, I returned this year alone (regretably) to a very warm and personal welcome by Josh and Usha.

The accomodations, cleanliness, affordablility, facilities, beach, sand dunes, great weather, and friendly staff/locals make this place a hidden jewel. I no longer desire the costs, crowds, crime and unpredictable weather of Florida.

I've scouted out the area and spoken to others and confirmed that the Super 8 is by far SPI's best kept secret. The number of regular's that return each year for extended stay's speak's volume's. Need I say anymore?

Happy travel's,
Steve
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2006

This is our third year to stay at the Super 8 here on S. Padre Island. Each year we have stayed longer--a month this time. The manager and his wife are so friendly. There is a happy hour each afternoon with snacks, drinks, and even little sandwiches. This provides a great opportunity to get acquainted with other guests and learn from their experiences about the area. This sharing has increased our enjoyment of our time here and helped to bring us back year after year. The facilities here are excellent, considering this is an economically-priced motel. We enjoy watching the beautiful sunsets from our balcony overlooking the Luguna Madre; palm trees sway in the breeze and many varieties of birds can be spotted.The motel's mid-island location makes it an ideal spot from which to explore. We have checked other motels on the island but none come close to this "home away from home".

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2005

I'd like to thank the Front Desk staff for their friendly service and helpful information. I'd especially like to thank Estela.

She made sure that I had the correct directions, and helped me get to the motel with no problem. I called her several times throughout my route to the motel and she did not mind making sure I was still on track. She gave me precise information! She's a very lovely girl.

Wendy helped me in the day with useful information on dining and activities.

The housekeeping made sure that my room was touched up everyday. I received clean towels everyday. Thank you girls.

I will definitely stay again. I look forward to seeing the staff on other occasions.

• Stayed November 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2005

Have stayed at Super 8 units around the Country for last 25 years and we want you to know we believe this S.Padre Is. location overall is one of the best
we have used.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

Definetly enjoyed my stay at the Super 8 on South Padre Island. The hotel staff was great, and the rooms were wonderful. It is close to the beach and the hotel offered a great pool area as well. Breakfast was a great start to our long drive home --thanks

Been to Super 8 South Padre Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 South Padre Island

Address: 4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > South Padre Island
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Best Value Hotel in South Padre Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 South Padre Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
Super Eight South Padre Island
South Padre Island Super 8
South Padre Island Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 South Padre Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.