“Comfy Room!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 South Padre Island to your Saves list
Super 8 South Padre Island
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I read the reviews on this motel weeks and even days before checking in! I know I was on a budget an shouldn't expect much but the room we were put in had the worst mold/ mildew smell ever! I tried to over come it but after an hr we checked out and found a hotel else where. They really need to check into the smell and correct the issue I might have stayed had it not smelled so bad the room was okay.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When my family first walked into the room, it had a smell but I believe it is due to the tile floors and people coming in from the gulf. The breakfast was a regular continental breakfast, nothing spectacular. The room was clean.. it had a flat screen and the bed was comfortable. My mom left her phone plugged up in the room when we went to the beach and when we got back, it was gone. We had housekeeping prepare the beds for a second night and they stole her phone. It wasnt even worth much but be aware, housekeeping has sticky fingers. There was also a horrible smell coming from the washer in the outside hall. Its smelled like mildu and booty. But they did try to clean it up Sunday morning.

Room Tip: The hotel is not on the beach.. it is about a half mile away. Look for something on the beach with a...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here late Aug early Sept.

I won't lie... we had more people show up to stay with us then we told them originally. No room hawks checking on us.

Price was decent compared to other places. Staying on the beach for a comparable room was running 1000 for 3 nights. I paid a tad over 550 for those 3 nights. Apparently a concert that weekend is what caused a ballooned Saturday night.

Room was 211... 2 beds and a kitchenette. We paid about 100 more compared to regular 2 bed. Wish we hadn't since we didn't use it. Beds comfortable enough, and we fit a queen size blow up mattress in the room as well so it's fairly large. The room was clean and no odor of any sorts. TV is flat screen. A/c kept us cold when we wanted it too. Shower had low water pressure as I had seen on other reviews. Only downside to the room.

Front desk first night was amazing. I don't remember the guys name but he was super accommodating and helped us find and print coupons for a local restaurant. Wish I saw him later so I could tip accordingly. I asked him for a pan and he was more then happy to find us one. Next night was also decent but when I asked the front desk for a can opener they said to bring my can down and they would open it for me. Kind of annoying being that I would have to walk a can of soup back up while open. I did it, he said it's because people steal them. I can see that being a probable reason but I hardly think a $1.99 can opener that looks 10 years old is worth more than the pan the first guy trusted us with.

Breakfast was very good for a quick bite. Cereal, toast, muffins, waffles, oatmeal, coffee and juices were the extent. Can't complain. I expected it to be very busy but it never was. Steady line of people coming and going but nothing extreme.

Location is pretty good for the price. Not more then a 6 minute walk to the beach. Convenience store across the street. Black beards also right there. On weekend nights parking was a bit crazy but we always found parking on property, just took some walking to our room. When we woke up there were crabs everywhere walking around. Cool seeing them. The kids loved it. I suppose some people may be upset to see crabs, but those are the same people that go to the movies and complain it's too dark inside.

Overall great stay. We didn't stay on the beach because it was sold out. If I had to stay off the beach again I would definitely stay here. Anyone looking for a budget place on south padre island, check it out.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 South Padre Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 South Padre Island

Address: 4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > South Padre Island
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Best Value Hotel in South Padre Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 South Padre Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Super 8 South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
Super Eight South Padre Island
South Padre Island Super 8
South Padre Island Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 South Padre Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.