“Housekeeping is right in front of the 2 queen, bottom floor...” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 South Padre Island to your Saves list
Super 8 South Padre Island
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I enjoyed the past nites I've spend here... Great service great staff it made me feel at home.. Will recommend it to all my friends and relatives. And I want to thank Luis for helping us make it happen.

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our room was clean and the sheets were not thin but in decent condition. I like the tile floors because it feels cleaner than carpet. My only complaint and it is fairly substantial is that the toilet backed up so we couldn't use it. All the staff did was try to plunge it. It happened again the next day, they came and plunged it again. It didn't really matter since it couldn't be trusted anyway we just used the bathroom in the lobby while we were there, but still that really is unacceptable.
Don't bother with the breakfast unless you're in a hurry.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had a hard time adjusting to wall-to-wall tile floors but that is to be expected on the island in case of hurricane's &/or messy beach feet. We had 3 people in our room, one king bed and there was supposed to be a hide-a-bed sofa. When my friends arrived, the sofa was broken so they asked to have it removed and brought in a roll-away for me. Neither the king mattress or roll-away mattress were good. You could feel the springs no matter how you slept. Wi-Fi was hit & miss...mostly miss. If you are a business traveler, don't depend on this to get your work done. It is possible that the concrete structure of the hotel hindered the wi-fi but I'm not really sure. One person went to talk to the manager about it and his response was "no one else has complained" ... he did nothing, offered no advice on how to make it work better. Breakfast consisted of watered down OJ, Texas shaped waffles, stale cereal (may be the extreme humidity on the island), yogurt and excellent Super 8 cinnamon rolls. As far as cleanliness goes, I'd say there was very little cleaning going on during the day. One of our travelers was there while it was being done and witnessed her taking one of our dirty towels, wrapping it around a mop and attempting to "mop" the floor. I understand not picking up our sink items to clean but it never appeared that the basin or the tub were cleaned while we were there. The tub drain was FULL of hair and caused the tub to fill with water while showering...when I cleaned some of it out, I can assure you it was not any of our traveler's hair. The shower water got really hot if you give the first shower a minute to warm up...however, the water pressure was non-existent. The sink is separate from the toilet & bathtub which makes it nice when several people are getting ready. The A/C in our room was about 3 feet from a glass brick 1/2 wall. This prevented the AC from reaching the far corner and couldn't be felt by the sink area either. Luckily, someone in our group brought a fan and it helped a lot. The employee's I encountered were all friendly. We never had to ask for extra towels, they were always well stocked. The King size "suite" had a lot of space in it. I agree with another reviewer...we got what we paid for and I will definitely pay more next time to stay in a somewhat nicer hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 South Padre Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 South Padre Island

Address: 4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > South Padre Island
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Best Value Hotel in South Padre Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 South Padre Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Super 8 South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
Super Eight South Padre Island
South Padre Island Super 8
South Padre Island Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 South Padre Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.