“Fast, Fun, and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on saturday june 1. Room was very clean and spacious and was also happy that we didnt have to.wait to check in upon our arrival from mcallen. Pool was also very nice and cozy. I will definetly stay here on my next visit to south padre island

• Stayed June 2013
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I had prepaid for a 4 night stay, but didn't. In my 20's I stayed in a lot of hostel's so I think I can tolerate a lot of discomfort. Yet these rooms did not shelter us from all the noises. As a result, I got very little sleep and was a grumpy bear the second day. By the third day I was so worn down and exhausted to the point that I just wanted to leave at any cost. So that is what we did despite the non-refundable reservation.
Sources of Noise where as follows:
First, my spouse and I could hear our neighbors with almost perfect clarity. On one side, a frat party carried on until 1:30am, and on the other side, we had kids up at 6am.
Second, the sound of that ice machine droned on all morning, which people seem to conspire against me by using it continuously from 630a to 930a nonstop.
Finally, car horns from mismanaged car alarms to train horn kits on old pickup trucks made a nightly greeting in the most frat-tastic sense.
Not to be outdone, my wife's complaints where: 1) Overpowering mildew smell which led to her incessant fear that we would die of toxic black mold exposure, 2) Bugs in the room which she believed where going to crawl into her earhole while we slept, & 3) 200 thread count sheets (the bottom of which was a flat sheet, not fitted) so with all my regular tossing and turning we where touching the bare mattress by morning.

Cooler heads prevailed and we booked a room with my hilton honors points in B-ville for the last night and slept like Kings and Queens. Well worth the 40-min drive to have a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Weslaco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was ok but the bathroom smelled of mold very strong. Everything else was average and acceptable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 South Padre Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 South Padre Island

Address: 4205 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > South Padre Island
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 South Padre Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Super 8 South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
Super Eight South Padre Island
South Padre Island Super Eight
South Padre Island Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 South Padre Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.