“Couldn't find anything wrong & was highly pleased, until...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pearl South Padre

You added Pearl South Padre to your Saves list
Pearl South Padre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597 (Formerly Sheraton South Padre Island Beach Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Galveston, Texas
“Couldn't find anything wrong & was highly pleased, until...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I pulled up to the hotel and was chased down by the bellman in a golf cart offering a ride to the front desk. Excellent. I then checked in, late on a Wednesday, and was upgraded to a king suite by the great front desk ladies. The room was fantastic, the bellman carried luggage to room and retrieved ice for me. I couldn't find anything wrong, so I went looking. The only thing I could find was a peice of chipped tile in the sitting room (minor). Changed into swim trunks and hit the pool.
Awesome. Hot tub, perfect, pool temp, great as it was divided between warmer water at the swim p bar and cooler in the main pool. Staff, cleanliness, beach amennities, all great, until it was time to sleep. It was the absolute worst mattress I had ever slept on period. I sunk so deep in that bed it was like sleeping on a "V" I even went out and tried to sleep on the tiny sofa.
Never slept. bad headache. Isn't the bed the reason we pay a hotel? O.k., I'm venting because I was mad. In their defense, I looked over the balcony in the morning and saw new mattresses being loaded into their dock area. I hope they have the mattresses changed out now because I would like to recommend this hotel and use it again as the people and venue are great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

You will truly enjoy the size of the rooms. The food is ok. Service could be better. Not sure if its because Im so spoiled by hotels out of the states that tend to give better service. Overall it is nice.

Room Tip: get a room that has a view of the pool!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The staff at the Pearl South Padre were exceptional. All were very friendly and accommodating. Location was wonderful - beachfront - with a short walk via boardwalk to the beach. The pool, hot tub, swim up bar were all very nice.

We only ate one item from the restaurant, and it was quite tasty. Bar drinks, on the other hand, needed some improvement. Our drinks were mediocre and overpriced.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Pearl during Memorial Day Weekend, only planned on staying 2 night but stayed an extra night. I had mixed feeling after reading some of the bad reviews but don't know what people could complain about. The hotel staff was very, very friendly all the time. Even know many guests were tracking sand and water through the hotel, they were always on top of it, mopping the areas. I can only describe the beds as sleeping on fluffy white clouds, SO comfortable. I will say the pull out couch is not comfortable at all. I will be returning I was so pleased with the staff, food, location, and price. They even provided lemonade and cookies to watch fireworks over the bay one evening, what a wonderful surprise. My friend and I brought our little dogs and they were very accommodating.

Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Mr. & Mrs. Lou Vasquez Mesquite Tx. 5/22/13 - 5/25/13

My wife and I went to Padre to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. We hadn't stayed here since it was the Sheraton but we decided to check out the Pearl after all these years, considering we had been coming here for the past 18 years. We were not disappointed!! From the moment we arrived we were welcomed with a friendly greeting and alot of familiar surroundings but with a fresh new look. our room was on the 9th floor looking over towards the bay and of course the gulf. it had a very nice view since we always use to stay overlooking the pool and the room was just awesome and of course those wonderful beds. To mine and my wife's surprise we were greeted with a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries courtesy of Ms. Lisa Garcia and the Pearl staff. And on Friday we were treated to dinner in the hotel by the asst., mgr. Raul!!
Of course everything else was as we remembered since this place has so many wonderful memories for me and my family. my wife and I just reminisced about all the times we spent with our own children and even our grandchildren. The Pearl did not disappoint but delivered everything my wife and I were hoping for. THANK YOU staff for making our stay another one for the memory book.
We plan to celebrate our 25th Silver Anniversary here next year with a renewing of vows and ALL our children and Grandchildren here. Thank You once again for helping us create new memories. God Bless

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had a training seminar for Court here and was very pleased. First time in South Padre. It was cloudy & rainy. I was a little confused when I got there because I wasn't sure where check in was. Once I found it everything was great. The lady who checked me in was Very friendly. Check in was fast and accurate. I had booked an extra night before and they made it so I didn't have to move the next night with my group. The beds were awesome!!!! Room was clean. We were served lunch while at our training by the hotel and it was great. Had a great view from my balcony of the ocean. It was a great trip next year I will stay the whole week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
McAllen, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is NOTHING like the pictures. It is old, dirty, and uncomfortable. There is no ac in the common areas...and it was very hot. The bed linens had holes and stains. It was a very, very bad experience. I will not sty there again and certainly would not recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pearl South Padre? Share your experiences!