“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pearl South Padre

Save Saved
You added Pearl South Padre to your Saves list
Pearl South Padre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597 (Formerly Sheraton South Padre Island Beach Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Schlitterbahn Package
Ranked #10 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here when I was working in the area.
Everybody is nice and helpful room was clean and quiet.
I would stay here again.
I was in a two bedroom condo that was a good deal at $99 a night, very comfortable felt like home away from home,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had such a good experience and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to our area.

643 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I are staying here for a conference (we're still here actually). Check in was easy, no problems there. The room, however, left something to be desired. It is rather small. There is mold on the shower tile. The chairs on the balcony are filthy. The entire hotel, actually, seems unclean. I picked up one of the glasses in our room to put ice in it and it had something white all in the bottom of it. I don't know how housekeeping could have missed it. We would definitely not stay here again.

One thing I do like is the bed. It is VERY soft. Some people may not like the way it is so soft, but I love it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Argyle, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in early April while meeting family there. Location is great. Restaurant is pretty good but overpriced but not out of ordinary for beachfront. BUT--pools were freezing and unusable without a wetsuit. Remember staying there years ago when it was the Sheraton and it was nice but is really showing it's age in some places. We stayed in a condo on 11th floor after first checking into a ninth floor room where the heat wasn't working. They offered for engineering to swap out heat unit in about 45 minutes but after our flight was delayed and it was late , we just paid for an upgrade. As can be typical, rooms were nice on the surface but when you looked deeper-or in this case look UP at fixtures in bath and air vent you were shocked. No service at pool for 3 of 4 days we were there. Sad as we love SPI and it really needs a Marriott or some big name to come in with a first class property. Bathrooms had intermittent odor like the bay whichI realize can happen at sea level-- but we were on 11th floor. Issues for sure. Hope they can bring their game up notch. Would have liked to view their sister property Sapphire next door to see if any cleaner or pool was warm. Biggest problem is incessant noise of service elevator running 24/7. Walls are pretty thin!

Room Tip: Ask to get away from service elevator
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family visits Florida beaches each year. We decided since we live in Texas to visit what we had heard was 'best beach in Texas' weren't impressed with the beach but were even more disappointed in this hotel.
First, the parking seems more geared to the next door Sapphire condos as the walking distance to the Pearl is far enough you should definitely unload at the front, but beware, everyone does this so beware of traffic jams with loading/unloading of vehicles.
Also, the Sapphire towers over the Pearl, leading to shading of the pool area much of the afternoon.
Our hotel room was much smaller than expected. Also the ceiling was falling in & there was mold in the bathroom due to no vent in there. The bathtub was very slow to drain & filled up as you were taking a shower.
Upsides: friendly staff including front desk, parking staff & housekeeping.

• Stayed April 2013
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

As someone who lives in the area, it's rare that I stay at a hotel on South Padre Island, but thanks to a business meeting held there my husband and I stayed for two nights this April. We stayed here when it was the Sheraton, and we were pleased to see that the lobby and pool areas looked like they were being maintained very well. The room wasn't too bad for an independent hotel, but two problems deserve mention.

The noise level in the rooms can be absolutely unbearable, depending on your room location. We were placed next to a room with what sounded like six children under six, and the walls provided little or no buffering against their constant yelling, crying and general carrying on. The room a/c rivaled the young hellions in noise production. When the compressor cycled on and off it sounded like the Second Coming.

The second issue was the bed. I was tempted to yank off all the bedding to try to figure out what was going on. The mattress felt like a mostly deflated air mattress with a lumpy pillow top mattress pad. It was the strangest bed I've ever attempted to sleep on. I'm writing this after two sleepless nights because of the noise and mattress, so I can't really rave about the resort. It does have a nice beachfront bar with a grill chef preparing light meals, which is a nice feature, and the pool area was quite nice. I'd love to see this turn into a hotel I could recommend, but I'm not sure they can overcome the issue of the thin walls. It's a shame. South Padre Island needs some first rate hotel properties.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room with no neighbors and a new mattress.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My mother myself and my children checked in on March 23, 2013 and checked out the next day. We were there for my sister's wedding. In the rush to leave the next morning my daughter left her kindle fire on the bed. We did not realize this until we were 4 hours from the hotel, after stopping to verify that we definitely did not have it I called the hotel. They assured me they would look for it, but after talking to several managers and staff they could not find it. So bottom line make sure you don't leave anything of value in room, you may never get it back. The service was good while we where there but the lack of concern for my lost kindle was astounding. Surely people leave stuff in hotel rooms all the time, I wonder if the staff thinks its ok not to return it?

• Stayed March 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family really enjoyed this resort/hotel. We did not encounter any of the issues listed by previous reviewer about bad customer service at all. In fact, we had the exact opposite experience. Everyone was super friendly (front desk, valet, service technicians, wait staff at restaurant, etc.). We had an issue with our TV and someone was up immediately and fixed it. We will most definitely book rooms at Padre Pearl for our next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pearl South Padre? Share your experiences!