“Needs updating” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   500 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Oak Brook, Illinois
“Needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As many others have reviewed the grounds are beautiful and we had a deluxe ocean view suite which actually was in a separate building. Weather was not good - cold and rainy so being in this building which was not connected to the hotel and had to walk outside was challenging. The check in process was not happy with as the girl was training a person and was more interested in that task then helping us and giving us information, I had to keep asking her questions. Our room had a great view but definitely in need of update - tarnished mirror in bathroom - bad wood work - you could see nails in the wall with no pictures - the worst part was the shower - it went from hot to cold in the blink of an eye - very uncomfortable. Our toilet would run suddenly and then stop running which was annoying in the middle of the night, the day we departed it broke totally. I thought housekeeping was terrible- never came to our room until late like 3-4PM just when we wanted to rest and get ready for dinner, left cleaning supplies in our room and Never replaced any of the bath amenities like body lotion etc. I could see that the room was really not cleaned well. Pros to this hotel were the location in the center of everything, right on a beautiful beach, plenty of free parking and a wonderful bar/lounge with live bands. Cons outdated need renovation to rooms, poor housekeeping, and personnel not very friendly including restaurant staff, people just working with no interaction what so ever with guests.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Okoboji, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

over all good and like most room alittle out dated, stayed in condo room. But the thing that got me was during our stay I seen they had a special on room rates especially when we stayed 7 nights but was not extended to us and manager never contacted us directly about it, staff said I would have had to of brought it up with in the first 2 days of stay. I say if your having a special well have it, I go to a store and something is on sale I don't have to tell the check out lady when I come in. That put a bit of a bad taste in our mouths and it would have been quite a considerable savings, and I agree the rates do not match the rooms conditions.

Room Tip: get ocean front not view, and upper condo
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a week in February as part of a family reunion. The weather was challenging with several days close to record low temperatures and high wind. Yet we enjoyed our time here. The rooms look somewhat worn and after one meal we chose to eat off site, but the housekeeping staff was excellent. Beautiful view of the gulf from all rooms. I especially enjoyed the large unheated pool to have an invigorating swim twice daily as well as a swim in the ocean twice a day.
Most other people seemed to prefer the excellent hot tubs. The grounds are beautifully kept. Our compliments go to the housekeeping staff and the grounds keepers who made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher than the third floor if possible, in order to avoid the noisy ventilation equip...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent a great weekend at the Isla Grand Beach. The best part about this resort is being able to have the patio slider open and hearing the ocean, and being only a few feet from the beach. Great place, great local restaurants.

Room Tip: I liked the second floor so you can sleep with an open slider.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear John P, Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the relaxing symphony of the Gulf of Mexico from your patio. I’m glad you had a great time with us at the Isla Grand Beach Resort. I look forward to your next visit.
Le Center, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at the Isla Grand over a few days in February. The room wasn't in the best shape, but there wasn't anything overly concerning, just worn out a bit. The bed was excellent. The resort grounds are absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed the heated pool and hot tubs, but it was too cool to swim in the unheated pool. There is immediate access to the beach, not a boardwalk like most places. The entertainment in the bar was excellent and the popcorn was strangely addicting. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom D, Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed our heated pool and hot tubs, immediate access to the beach, and live entertainment at our Quarterdeck night club. I’ll make sure we have our Texas flavored popcorn made fresh for you on your next visit. Thank you for choosing the Isla Grand Beach Resort.
Pflugerville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was at Isla Grand recently for a conference. The location is excellent, very hard to beat. The front desk folks were very efficient and helpful. The room was nice, but nothing fancy. I imagine they get a lot of wear and tear between the Spring Break/Summer crowds and the challenge of being a hotel on the beach. I will say that everything was very clean, especially the bathroom. I had trouble getting the sleep number bed adjusted for my comfort. It might be nice to have some instructions for these. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and the food was very good. Local friend advised us that their Sunday brunch is really excellent, but we were there during the week. The hotel also catered meals throughout the conference and the quality of these was good as well.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms face the pool and/or tennis courts. Very few actually face the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear luv2travelMAP, Thank you for your review. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Isla Grand Beach Resort. Thank you for mentioning our efficient and helpful front desk staff. I’m pleased to hear you found our resort’s location excellent and hard to beat along with nice, clean rooms and very good food. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The resort it self was great. The room was the bad part. Bed was old and had a strange odor. we first had a room with a broken tv and aN unclean shower with hair clung to the wall. We then asked for a new room and we're furnished quickly. It was very good customer service. The pool and hot tube were fantastic. The bar is nice with entertainment but drinks are a bit costly at 7 dollars minimum. Location is great with beach access. At the time of staying we had paid 6 nights at 817 Dollars. We ended up having to leave a day early and they would not furnish a refund for the last night which is understandable. Beach location is fantastic and within a 2 minuts walk and you are in the Gulf water. The resort deserves praise but the rooms are terrible. If ur looking for a place to sleep it is fine but a room to spend ur time in then I would suggest the pearl at the same cost.

• Stayed January 2015
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Bryan O, Thank you for your review. I apologize for the conditions of the first room. I’m glad to hear we were resolved the issue quickly and you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. Thank you for staying with us at the Isla Grand Beach Resort.

Been to Isla Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!