“Wonderful Hotel - Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   500 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay and Play Package
Waco, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Hotel - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I would like to recommend the Isla Grand Beach Resort at South Padre Island, TX as a wonderful place to stay anytime. What makes this place great is the staff. I have never seen a place where the everyone makes you feel welcome. It doesn't matter if it is the bellboy or housekeeping or the front desk, they are all very helpful and friendly. The Windjammer Restaurant on iste was a very pleasant surprise also and the food was all good!

Room Tip: Condos are in the main part of the hotel and have the best views
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Rebecca S, Thank you for your kind review. I’m so glad you had a wonderful stay with us at the Isla Grand Beach Resort. I appreciate you acknowledging our helpful and friendly staff. I’m glad you enjoyed your meal at our Windjammers Restaurant. Thank you so much for your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Me and 6 of my girlfriends ran away from home leaving husbands and children behind to have a nice, relaxing and fun getaway. It was very important that everything went well, because these ladies don't get out much! We loved it! I do not normally take the time to write reviews, I just read them. But I wanted to take the time to write this one, because I had such a good time! We stayed in one of the beachfront cabanas and loved it! Two of my friends did have a problem at the front desk. Their room was not ready, and when they did get to the room, it was not clean and the smell of smoke was choking, though it was supposed to be a smoke free room. The front desk was very apologetic and gave them a two bedroom, two bath condo instead. They were pleased with that, though they really wanted a beach front room like the rest of us. But their condo was very nice, and we spent most of our nights at their place, playing cards, listening to music and making margaritas! Plenty of places to eat up and down the boulevard. Went jet skiing right down the road. Great fun! We enjoyed it so much that we have committed to bringing our husbands back next summer!

Room Tip: Get a beachfront cabana if you can, but be absolutely certain to ask for a first floor cabana AND th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear jo h, Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that you and your friends had a great time with us at the Isla Grand. I’m so glad we were able to accommodate your friend an upgrade her to a 2 bedroom condo. Thank you for choosing our resort. We look forward to seeing you all next summer.
Houma, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Pictures on website look nothing like hotel. We stayed in beachview cabana. Even though website advertises resort has been remodeled, it still looks very old and run down. Website claims free wi-fi, we never could log-on. Not enough electrical outlets in rooms and top plug-in of each outlet did not work. Large Swimming pool was filthy. Food quality could have been much better. Website advertised Tuesday Night as Steak Night 10 oz sirlooin w/baked potatoe & veggies for $13.95; upon heading to restaurant, Resort told us it was discontinued (although a flyer displaying steak night was in hotel lobby). All in all you get what you pay for and wish we would have stayed at the Hilton instead!

Room Tip: Don't stay in a cabana. dHave no idea if condos are better but the rest of the resort is not up...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear sit7695, Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues with your room and the misunderstanding at our restaurant. We were in the process of transitioning out of that special. I hope you enjoyed your stay regardless of those opportunities and afford us and opportunity at redemption. Thank you for choosing the Isla Grand Beach Report.
Calvert, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great place. My family goes every year. We are never dissappointed. Beautiful beach, nice large, clean rooms, friendly staff, tasty food, live entainment, and a great pool & bar. What else can you ask for? There is one problem. If you are handicapped don't expect to get down to the shoreline unless someone carries you. It is lacking a walkway over the deep sand. It is almost impossible to push a stroller, wheelchair, cart, etc. through this sand to the shoreline (Other places do have walkways). Other than that, it's one of the best resorts on the island.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

A great place to stay. They had everything there. Great dancing , great food, comfortable beds. I never had to ask for anything from the front desk. Very well prepared staff. I would definitely recommend friends and family. I will be back every chance I get. My kids loved it.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I really enjoyed our stay at Isla Grand. The staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms were big and clean. Beds were comfortable. What I mostly enjoyed was the pool area which has access to the beach.

• Stayed August 2014
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My family and I visited recently to get in one last vacation before school started. We stayed at the Isla Grand Resort for the first time and were extremely pleased. Although somewhat dated, the Isla Grand presented a comfortable charm you'd expect from a beach front resort. We stayed in a cabana adjacent to the pool and were delighted by exceptional beach views from our balcony and easy access to the pool, beach, tennis courts, etc. The food was delicious (seafood buffet on Friday night is reasonably priced and offers much variety) and the service outstanding. Even the poolside restaurant offered fast service and the best burger & grilled chicken sandwich I've had in a while. The only thing that would have made our trip better is a boardwalk/walkway of some kind out to the beach to protect our feet against the very hot sand. Flip flops just won't cut it. All in all, very pleased with the resort. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear MamaSose, Thank you for your review. I’m glad you were extremely pleased with your stay at the Isla Grand Beach Resort. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the boardwalk/walkway. I’m glad you enjoyed exceptional beach views from your cabana, the pools, delicious restaurant, poolside burger shack and outstanding service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Isla Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!