“Exquisite service!” 5 of 5 stars

Isla Grand Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   500 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
“Exquisite service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Back at the Isla Grand again! Once more the friendliness and professionalism of the staff made our stay wonderful. Manager David Gracia made us feel like we were family when we entered the Windjammer Restaurant. The food and accommodations were out of this world!
The view of the Gulf of Mexico was amazing.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have traveled through out the world and to discover this type of service in my own backyard is awesome. Recently I hosted my motor cycle club Christmas party (apprx 600 guest) at the Isla Grand Resort and the service and accommodations were the best. The service and attention to details provided by all of the Isla were great. I would defenetly recommend the Isla Grand to anyone wanting an unforgettable experience. The management was available throughout the entire stay and event to assist with any unforeseen issues.
I would highly recommend the Isla Grand Resort South Padre Island to anyone wanting to host an unforgettable event.
Your truly
BlueICE (Treasurer)
Los Canales/La Familia Motor Cycle Club
South Texas Chapter

• Stayed December 2012
islagrand, General Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. Our staff at the Isla Grand wants to ensure every guest enjoys their stay and or event. We look forward to hosting your event again in the near future and we are glad your group had a GREAT time. Happy Holidays.
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at Isla Grand for 4 nights, having come there for a conference which I couldn’t attend as I came down with a very bad cold. Overall, it was not too bad. I stayed at a cabana room overlooking the pool and both the room and the shower were clean, comfortable, spacious and nicely decorated. The staff were polite and some of them very helpful. There is a Macdonald’s and some cafes within a 5-minute walk from the hotel… but there are a few things to bear in mind if you are planning to stay there:
1) Zero soundproofing between cabana rooms – I could hear how the people in the adjacent room sneezed and closed there curtains (and of course, watched TV). As I said, I was having a very bad cold at that time and I feel very sorry for the guys who had to hear me coughing at night.
2) Unscrupulous employees. Be very careful about your money and your belongings. I left my Sony reader at a lobby coffee table in the evening - never got it back. Informed the reception – no reaction. Also, when I ordered breakfast to the room, I gave the server a generous tip in cash; at checking out I saw that she added another, unauthorized tip to the check I gave her for the breakfast cost. Some of their housekeeping staff behave in a strange way: one time I left an almost-full jar of honey on the table in my room. While I was out, a cleaner came, took that honey and put it on her trolley; luckily, I came back in time and saw it (this could have been an honest mistake, but who in their right senses may assume that a guest does not need a full jar of honey and wants it to be discarded?). Generally speaking, it’s a place where you have to be alert all the time and realize that some of the staff will not hesitate to steal something from you or to cheat you.
3) Dirty beach area. And rather ugly high-rise properties in the background all around. If I was planning to stay at South Padre I would choose a location somewhere more to the north as the surroundings look nicer there.
4) No microwave or coffee/tea maker in the room - this was a bummer, especially for the price they charge. The restaurant closes at 9 and after that there is no opportunity to get a hot drink. This was particularly hard for me as I constantly needed hot tea because of my cold, even more so at night.
5) Not very knowledgeable reception staff – misinformed me about the restaurant opening hours and also said that the restaurant serves complementary coffee, which was not true.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I want to first thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay. Your neighbors may have had their door opened since you were staying in a room with connecting door. We will be looking into that matter as well. We do have a lost and found on our property for items that are found or turned in. When you ordered room service I understand your concern was an additional tip. All room services have an automatic 18% gratuity added to the check. When you left them an "additional" gratuity then your folio will show two gratuities upon check out. We will be more than glad to make any adjustment you need. Our front desk staff did inform you correctly regarding complimentary coffee in the Windjammer's Restaurant. We provide Complimentary Coffee "in" the restaurant in the mornings. (does not include room service though). We hope that on your next trip to South Padre Island, you decide to stay with us again. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward on servicing you in the future.
Brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Drove to South Padre on 10-15-12. Had read reviews before we arrived and thought we would try the Isla. Sounded good. Grounds beautiful. Fortunately we asked to see rooms the before we made decision. Desk clerk was nice and had guard show us 4 different ones. We decided not to stay because the smell was overwelming in all. Whether it is cleaning fluid or some type of air freshner. It was bad. Rooms looked old. Not at all what they should be for the price. They were not the condos, maybe they are different. On the way to the last one when the guard was walking with us some type of very large fast rodent ran by. That did it. We stayed at the Hilton. It was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience. We have looked into the animal you had seen and it was a cat. Local code enforcement has been contacted as well as the local animal humane society to address the cat situation. We hope to service you in the future and we apologize for your encounter.
kerrville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed a week in August last year and loved it, and went back this year same time it was even better. The whole staff was great, thanks to Bill,David,Agustin, Rick,and Louie the Whiskey Shack bar cat. The room was great, clean and comfortable. The food and entertain mentment was excellent. Thanks , we'll see you next summer.

Charlie H

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you again for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay AGAIN. We look forward on seeing you soon. Happy Holidays.
Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Last week we spent 3 nights at Isla Grand. We've stayed there many times before (as Radisson and also as Isla Grand). The bars and food are good, the staff is nice and it's right on the beach. But....while enjoying a cup of coffee in bed...a ROACH crawled up my arm!!! I could not believe it...roaches in the bed! When we told the front desk of the problem, instead of trying to make it better or promise to fix the problem, they handed us a tripadvisor "How was your visit?" card and asked me to review our trip. Well, with all the other great choices of lodging on S. Padre - Isla Grand will not be our choice in the future. Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time in informing us of your incident you encountered at our property. We have Ecolab as our pest control company and they have been notified as to your situation. Again we want to apologize for your experience and hope you give us a second chance in servicing you in the near future.
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hands down Isla Grand is the best resort/hotel on SPI. Great beachfront location, fabulous pool and pool side bar, great on-site restaurant (ask for David - he's our favorite manager), on-site bar with large TV's and great music for dancing! Great for family and adult only getaways! We always look forward to the annual Redfish Rodeo ladies only fishing tournament headquartered at the Isla Grand. I'm one that normally loves going "off-campus" however you really dont need to when you have everything right there!. Book your next stay in SPI at Isla Grand, and you wont regret it!

Room Tip: We prefer pool side rooms!