“Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Cherokee, Texas
“Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Every year when we visit South Padre, my husband and I stay here. It is newly updated and the beds are super comfortable! The pool area is really nice, and we love the free breakfast in the morning! Plus, it has super easy beach access. Very affordable as well...

• Stayed January 2014
CSuitesSouthPadreTX, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
It's always nice to hear that a when a guest returns to South Padre Island they continue to choose our hotel. Our staff feels a sense of pride knowing that there hard efforts get rewarded.

Thank You!!
David Mejorado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

There are a couple of negative comments from earlier travellers but we had no such experiences and the (off season?) rate was exceptional value. Our room on the 3rd floor was spotless and everything in it was new. I assume it had been recently renovated. All furnishings, fixtures, washroom, pictures, paint etc looked brand new. The bed and pillows were extraordinarily comfortable. The room with two queen beds was large with a separate sitting area. Maybe a bit of a stretch to call it a suite but there was ample space. The corridors were well lit and clean and the two elevators likewise and more than adequate. Breakfast area was very busy and served the standard Comfort Inn fare. A very nice pool and hot tub area with plenty of lounges and tables. The hotel is not on the beach but provides a private passage way from the parking lot to the beach. A very short walk. Several restaurants within walking distance. We found one called "Daddies" about 10 minutes to the right when leaving hotel. Name (Daddies) sounded dubious but the place was crowded with retired seniors who generally know a good deal so we gave it a shot and it turned out wonderful. Seafood is the specialty and the food quality and price was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response on your recent stay here at Comfort Suites S.P.I. I am happy to hear that you thought you received a Great Value and Price for your stay. I have passed along your comments to my staff and they would also like to thank you as well.

We look forward to your next stay, and please stop by the front desk and ask for me. I would just like to thank you personally.

Regards,
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife booked our stay on a Thursday while traveling here in our car and I had 2nd thoughts all the way, but, to my surprise it is very nice. If you are expecting luxury then keep looking. We found the hotel to be just what we wanted...clean, friendly staff, good breakfast, good bathroom facilities, good tv, short walk to the beach. You really can't go wrong here. Off season price of $60 was great too.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Isn't great to get a great surprise when expectations are not that high for something. We are happy to hear that you received that while staying at our hotel. Staff is always working hard to make the experience for all our guest's a most memorable one. One in which they go away feeling as you did.

McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We love this hotel, because it is affordable, clean, well maintained and managed by two great people, David and Simona . Close to the beach, nice pool and hot tub. A good location. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your kind words for Simona and myself. Not to often do any of us get singled out on a positive note. This just regenerates us to provide even more excellent service to all our guest's and feel that we are making a difference.

Thank you again, and stop by desk just to say hello

Groesbeck, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went to South Padre for our Anniversary at the end of October. I am a loyal customer of Comfort Suites and the other Choice Hotel chain. The rates for this seemed fair for the area and for off season, especially for a Comfort Suites. However, after I booked I was sent a message that the facility was under renovation. We didn't have a problem with this part while we were there, no noise or anything. But the place is needing it. We were on the 4th floor and view of the ocean was okay (partial ocean view). But the hall was hot and smelled bad. We were there for 2 nights and the hall was never vacuumed, as the same debris particles were never removed. The room was about 1/2 complete in the renovation. There were pictures off the walls and no place to hang towels in the bathroom.
The staff was okay but not overly friendly. The breakfast was horrible. I normally love the breakfast but I would rather have gone out than eat the lukewarm eggs and meat they offered.
I will be going back to South Padre but I won't be staying at this Comfort Suites again. The Motel 6 couldn't have been much worse than this for 1/2 the price.

Room Tip: If you still want to try this hotel, choose a partial ocean view room. The balcony rooms look out ov...
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We enjoyed the stay there as my wife and I took a side trip from San Antonio on business.

Things were slow. I was told the season was ending. Hotel is a little old, but not bad. they have a beach acess from the back, a short walk. It was fine for one night.

We really enjoyed the bird watching at the north end. Its cool. We wanted to ride the pirate ship. we were told with the end of season, we just missed it.

Kingsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visited South Padre a few weeks ago and stayed at Comfort. It is an excellent hotel, well decorated and clean! Since it is off season the rates are super!

The breakfast was well stocked with anything one would like to start the day!

I highly recommend staying there!

Some people complain when the hall carpet etc. is not clean!!! I blame those who stay/stayed there for messing it up!! Folks need to treat hotels as if it were their home!!!

Room Tip: I prefer the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!