“Great location but could use a little cleanup” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in South Padre Island
Arlington Texas
“Great location but could use a little cleanup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The web site says it has great beach access and it does but you have to go through the parking lot and its a little bit of a walk. The front staff is super friendly and breakfast was nice as well. The only problem is it seems kinda dirty. There does not seem to be the attention to detail that other Comfort Suites has. Compared to other hotels on the island it has a good price point, friendly staff, close to shopping and comfy beds. They can't really change how you would get to the beach and the access is better then some hotels but would have liked to have a cleaner atmosphere. I would stay here again if I was looking for a bargain in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed room the staff was every informative gave me lots of local info. Shops close by the place was clean . My family and I will be going back . This place was a good choice I recommended it to friends who want good service with a friendly smile two thumb's up....

• Stayed August 2013
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

i missed the reservation deadline by 1 day due to finding out it would be raining all Weekend and my whole point in reserving this hotel was to enjoy the beach and sun. nobody would help me in cancelling. i called corporate and they said it was up to the hotel itself to accept or decline my cancellation without penalty. guess what? they want to take my money, and enjoy my misery. i can either lose my money by not going, or go to the hotel and be pissed off. either way will suck. so thank you so much for your hospitality. see you Saturday.

• Stayed September 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was helpful, the breakfast good and it did have a private path to the beach. The room was large and clean . We only stayed one night but would come back . The beach area was clean and uncrowded but that may be cause it was the end of august.

• Stayed August 2013
LEWISVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room Tip: Hotel is in a great location, not beach-front but really close. There is a private walkway along the...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hotel is in a great location, not beach-front but really close. There is a private walkway along the side of a building that leads right to the beach and yes the sand is smoking hot sometimes but what do you expect, the sun is beaming down on it all day. The hotel is also very close to souvenier stores, mcdonalds, restaurants, visitors center, etc.

Our room was nice and spacious, beds were comfy, linens were clean, bathroom was clean but probably the most worn part of the room, it needs updating. When we arrived there were no small washcloths in the bathroom, we called the front desk and they brought them up immediately. The bathtub had a little bit of a slow drain so when showering the sand from the beach was still there after the shower. There was a microwave and mini-fridge in our room. No safe. AC worked great. Was able to hear the crying baby next door the last 2 mornings we were there.

Staff was helpful and friendly to us, they answered questions and recommended places. Free parking but there are lots of birds so be prepared to get dumped on.

Breakfast was really good and fresh. Hot and cold choices, eggs, sausage, ham, and make-your-own waffle machines, juices, milk, cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, donuts, yogurt, fruit. The ladies that serviced that area need to get a raise, they were on top of it.

Pool area was ok, kinda small but fit the size of the hotel I think. Never saw a pool towel, not once, even though there were signs that said "do not take to the beach".

Overall, I would say that how you rate this place will depend on how much you pay. If you are being budget conscious then I would definitely say go for it, but if you are expecting luxury then you will not be satisfied. I would stay there again.

Check-in and out both took less than 5 mins, no waiting.

Edinburg, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

First of all the front desk lady, Simona is somewhat cold, unfriendly and unhelpful. We arrived on a Sunday to find a nasty entrance porch and small dirty pool with leaves and feathers in it. Our room was a great size, we had a super comfy king bed, two a/c units worked great, BUT my poor 14 yr old slept on a HORRIBLE sofa bed. Let me describe this piece of junk, the mattress on the pull out is about 4 1/2 inches think with every spring about 2 threads away from tearing through the casing. We called to request a change of room and no one every replied to our request. The room was clean, all linens were fresh and white. The mini kitchen table only had 2 chairs. If my husband and I wanted to eat, we sat on the sofa. Our mini fridge was not working, so the maintenance man was nice and brought us a Styrofoam ice chest with ice. He was the nicest employee there. I asked the house keeping lady to service our room while we were out. She did a good job but she was not too happy with my request. We had to go hunting for towels. There were no towels by the pool as per Simona, during our entire stay. The BIG ANNOYING thing about this hotel is that THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE A WALK WAY TO THE BEACH, HENCE YOU BURN YOUR FEET TRYING TO GET TO THE BEACH. I had to ice my 6 year old feet. WHILE THE NEIGHBORING HOTELS HAVE A WALK WAY ACCESS TO THE BEACH, those visitors where laughing at my family and I run off the boiling hot sand to near by plants to cool off our feet. Keep in mind we were wearing water shoes not sandals. This hotel had no A/C through the hall way, en route to our room, no ice machine on our floor, and all other floors did have ice machines. While standing in front of the elevator on the 3rd floor, we saw a coach roach on the mirror and extremely diry carpet. The pool, is super smaill and the whirl pool did not have any bubble, the pool water was extremely hot during the day and is not heated as advertised. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, we had meat (bacon one day, and saugage the next day) runny scrable eggs, great fresh waffles, sweet bread, toast, OJ, cranberry juice, milk, coffee and cereals. It was very crowed and available seating up stairs. Let's just say, that was a very disappointing stay. Upon checking out, we found out that the hotel only had 6 luggage carts. So we had to carry our luggage while other visitors kept the carts in their rooms the entire stay. Management did nothing about this and didn't care to find a solution. The quality has serious gone down. It's sad, because it was a great value for the money. Unfortunately, this will be out last visit

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!