“Location location location” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Austin, TX
“Location location location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

It's in a great spot...I had no food nor did I stay for the "nightlife"...my drinks were terrible and overpriced....

I mean REALLY BAD drinks...bad tasting, weak, ick..

But service was good and the location was great.

Glendale, Arizona
“big beach bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a great big outdoor place. It has great burgers and nachos and also has good Pina Coladas. There was a band playing at 300 in the afternoon. I wish we found this place sooner, we found it the day before we left. This is the place you land when you go sky diving. You land in front of the bar. This place has ample room outside tables and lounge chairs and then there is also a covered area with tables. The bar is like being outside but under covered with plently of tables and chairs. We were a party of 17 we stayed at Claytons from 1030am until 500 it was a happening place even durning the day. I would go back without a doubt next time I am in South Padre Island.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended. I liked that it's right on the beach and was right next to our hotel. The kids could play in the sand while we waited for our food and we sat at the high tables that overlook the ocean, it's so beautiful. I didn't think the food was anything special. We had the fish tacos and I found them to be pretty spicy. Our drinks were great but overall I thought dinner was pricey for what we ordered. Also I don't know if Claytons is in charge of the live band that plays there, but they were awful. We wont go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Temple, United States
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The food was bar food and decent. One member of our family had the fish sandwich and that was really good. The rest wasn't bad, just wasn't anything extra special.

San Antonio, Texas
“Walked In and Walked Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We recently visited SPI and needed suggestions for dinner. A friend of mine recommended we try Clayton's. We arrived around 8:30 and based on the crowded parking lot, we figured there may be a wait. Upon entering we realzied Clayton's is more of a "party place and bar" than a restaurant. You seat yourself on the MEGA outdoor patio and food/drinks need to be ordered at the bar. It's a very limited menu of mostly appetizer looking dishes and fried foods. The items are seemed pretty pricey. They had a live band playing and it was extremely loud. It's located right on the beach which is nice but aside from the view, we weren't inclined to try the food

• Visited July 2014