“Terrible ... I have to agree!” 1 of 5 stars

956-761-7482
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Seafood, Steaks and Burgers
Austin, TX
“Terrible ... I have to agree!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had breakfast here on May 26th. We came in a bit late, around 10 a.m. They have a buffet, but it had been picked over and not refilled. Therefore, what was left looked nasty. So we decided to order off the menu. My older son wanted to try steak and eggs. Because the restaurant was short staffed (I asked what was taking so long) the waittress advised that several workers didn't show up, but called in sick. They may not have been paid! Oh, I don't know that. But service was good and with a smile, but to get the breakfasts out took about 20 minutes. Once the food arrived we were short the steak and eggs! Unfortunately, the chef had failed to defrost some of the steaks. So my son could change the order or stay with it. If he stayed with it, it would take another 15 minutes for his dish to arrive. He stayed with it and they comped the steak and eggs and gave it to him for free. However, the steak was yucky. A bad piece of meat with a lot of gristle. They don't really know how to chose their meat. Overall, the food was poorly cooked as evidence by everything being overcooked - bacon, potatoes, and eggs. Not a good experience. Again, the staff was very nice.

San Antonio, Texas
“Breakfast Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was staying on the island for a week enjoying the water and going to a different cafe/restaurant each morning for breakfast and to write. This place was on its thirs morning of serving breakfasts Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. I saw the sign and went in. There were only a couple other people there but the place had a very nice look and feel to it. Large rooms, nice decor. Cozy bar, I noted... for an evening visit. Anyway, when asked, the waitress sat me at a table that allowed me to plug in my computer so I could write. She was very eager to talk to me about area offerings and the quality of my meal. Big smile. Great coffee. I ordered banana pancakes... now, I make banana pancakes and consider mine some of the greatest. I cook my bananas in the pancake. These were simply placed outside the pancake. But I have to say, they were delicious... perfectly done, as were the eggs and rest of the meal... it was scrumptious, and large for the money I paid. Great deal, great service, very nice place, central location.

Montgomery, Texas
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had lunch at Padre Rita Ville, and the Lunch specials were very good. We both had the shrimp Po Boy sandwich and it also came with seasoned French fries. The Wife also had the Special Shrimp Cocktail for less than a dollar. There was approximately 12 medium shrimp in the cocktail. The only problem with the shrimp cocktail is one per person. We will be back the on our next trip to South Padre Island. Well worth the visit.

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“great atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I came to eat here on a Saturday w/ my husband & daughter, and I got to say.. the food is really good! My husband tried one of the Mojitos & Beer-rita, and he said they were good :) The staff is super nice & very helpful. You can either eat inside or outside on their deck. oh, and they have a all-you-can-eat buffet with shrimp, king crab legs, fried fish, steak, salad & soup!

Harlingen, Texas
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

They have great fish tacos! We enjoyed the atmosphere and food on Sunday morning. Also it was reasonably priced.

Visited April 2013