“Awesome Restaurant and Entertainment” 5 of 5 stars

956-761-7482
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Seafood, Steaks and Burgers
“Awesome Restaurant and Entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We recently visited Padre Rita Ville - it was a great experience. We arrived on Friday night after a long day of travelling and we had the delicious seafood and prime rib buffet. The music was a lot of fun. Padre Rita Ville concentrates on making it a lot of fun for their patrons and the decor and special touches made if very memorable~

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kerrville, Texas
“Welcome to the Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I had found this resturant on TA and wanted to give it a try. I am really glad we did. Be careful what you order because it is a lot of food. Me and my boyfriend ordered the shrimp cocktail and entres. He the all you could eat fish and shrimp and me the shrimp combo. The shrimp cocktail was enough for 4 people. The salad bar has everything you could want. I have only two small complaints. While I enjoyed the owners live music, it was too loud to have a conversation with the waiter or our friends and even though I thought the outdoor patio tables with the tiki decorations and thatch roof indoors was cute the wasn't enough light to see the menu or your food. The margaritas were really yummy. The food alone will bring us back.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boerne, Texas
“Don't go for the fire dancing, service bad bad bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The advertisement in the paper said on Saturday night at 8:30pm they had a fre dancing show. What a disapointment. The fire dancing consisted of two young girls, one being our waitress, in a bikini top and shorts who pulled their car up in the parking lot, raised the hatchback, turned up the radio and twirled some sticks on fire. There was no routine, they just moved around. The crowd at the restaurant went and sat down and didn't even watch. If I was the restaurant owner, I'd be embarrassed. The so called entertainment was a joke.

As mentioned, one of the "dancers" was our waitress, she left all of her tables without service. This was not good. You had to ask for everything you wanted twice before you got it.

The seafood buffet was good but the lack of service and entertainment made the evening less enjoyable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beach Grove
“Family Fun Place? With out a doubt!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

With so many mixed reviews, I decided to take my family for two reasons: They serve food until 12am and because of the Last review by Caleb (A child's opinion).

Upon entering the place we were greeted cheerfully by two hotesses. The hostess immediately allowed our two children (ages 4 & 7) to choose from an array of toys from their treasure chest. The hostes was funny and welcoming, insisting my two boys had to spin their lighted toys as she paraded us to our table.

Recently my husband had surgery for reduced stomache and to our surprise they have a special menu just for that!!! I have only seen that in Dallas (where we are from). I knew this was going to be good.

Our waiter introduced himself as Steve and told us about that evening's specials, and the buffet (which you could die for).

He gave us a few moments as he retrieved our drinks.

The music was great. The band even did a kid's song for all the children to join in. So far the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable. I was still waiting to see if the not so positive reviews would pop up. None so far.

My cboys had the hot dogs and fries from the children's menu. My husband ordered the grilled Tilapia with coleslaw and I decided to try the shrimp diablo.

Our food arrived in less then 20 minutes. I was surprised because the place was packed,

It was great! we enjoyed the music that we ended up staying an hour longer before heading back to the hotel. Plus the hostess came to our table and gave the boys crayons to draw on the wall. ( look for us by the fire place! A bird and a firetruck by Josh and Jeremy!)

I am not one to write reviews. We had such an enjoyable time, I felt this place needed a true review.

Debbie and Ray Beven
Indiana

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Worst Experience - Bad Food Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

The service was poor and slow at this restaurant. It took 30 minutes to receive drink orders and another 30 mins to receive appetizers. We were there 11/2 hours before we received our food. When our food arrived, the soup was cold, the nachos were unrecognizable and we couldn't find the fish in the fish tacos. When we complained about the slow service, we were told to go eat somewhere else. Do not waste your time or money at this restaurant!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere