“Lots of fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf manmade waves, move from ride to ride without ever leaving the water, blast uphill and down on thrilling water coasters or float peacefully on passive rides at this tropical water park along the beaches of South Padre Island. Over two dozens attractions for all ages, park has both outdoor and indoor attractions. Indoor attractions are open year-round in an heated, covered environment. Waterpark also has a beachfront resort hotel, multiple restaurants, 100' tall zipline ride and underwater Sea Trek attraction (open seasonally). Outside food and beverages are allowed (no glass or alcohol), free parking, free use of inner tubes and free use of life vests. Private cabanas with table side wait staff are also available for rental.
Terrell
6 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Kids really enjoyed the park! We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. Water Park was clean and usually plenty of tubes for everyone! Staff was friendly. Plenty to do. Rides were great, not scary for the little ones, but still enjoyable for the older ones. Beach was beautiful! Liked the variety of things to do and places to eat. Glad we decided to stay at the Park Hotel and not elsewhere.

Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thanks for the post and sharing your vacation experience.

Lots to do no matter the age and being right on the beach is just an added benefit!

We look forward to your next stay and hope you stay longer!

La Porte, Texas
“Family Vacation Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

First off we stayed at the resort for July 4 weekend 2014 and i love love the wrist band room key!! we were worried about the crowds at the park but we were pleasantly surprised. The mornings are very easy going and less busy, the park does get bustling with people from about 2-6pm and then it is more manageable again. I love that the rides are accessible from the "lazy river" and the waiting in lines is done in water!
Only con's i can offer is the food/drink is pricey. Although that was expected for a "theme park", the restaurants around did not offer much different pricing. But again being a tourist town I get it! Pier 19 across the street from Schlitterbahn is awesome!!!!! Last con, regards the photos. The park has photographers scattered all over the park and are available to take your pics on demand and you can go to kiosk later and look/buy them. I would have preferred the option to go online to purchase pics at my convenience, they offer 7 days to purchase but can only be done at park kiosk! If you want those pics be sure to get them before you leave!
We will definitely be going back!

Visited July 2014
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for visiting the park and staying with us at the Island's newest, beachfront resort!

Appreciate all the positive comments and we are looking for ways to streamline the photo process as well (I have shared your comments with our Retail Manager).

We offer four on-site restaurants, from grab-n-go options to fine dining in addition to numerous food stands offering traditional fare.

Plus, don't forget, we allow you to even bring in your own food & beverages (no glass or alcohol please) to help you save even more money!

Thanks again,
“Excellent Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our family vacation was overall great this year. Last year my husband and I made our couple vacation trip here, it was the perfect trip. So, this year we wanted to bring our kids and it was an even better trip. The bathroom was small but manageable, we stayed in the building that was on the beach. Cleaning service staff was great. Front desk staff was okay. The shift manager does not know how to handle complaints and multitask with current customer, me and my family, but did not ruin our stay.

This is the perfect place to stay for a family vacation. Love the new tunnel but still enjoyed walked the beach to the next park. Excited to see what will be there next year to connect the park. Looks like more lazy river connections?

Overall a great time and I do recommend it to anyone. We are already planning our next trip to Schlitterbahn.

Thanks for the humbling review and being return Guests!

Shhhh, big things await next to the underground walkway as we continue to expand and look for new and creative ways to entertain our Guests. :o)

Keep an eye out for hotel discounts to go along with the 40% off waterpark admission our resort Guests enjoy as we love rewarding our repeat visitors!

Thanks again for extending your "posse" to include the kids this year and we look forward to your next visit.

Trinidad and Tobago
“Excellent family fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Family of four enjoyed a day at the water park. There were lots of tables, umbrellas, parking, and lockers available. We loved that all of the rides are accessible from the lazy river. The park was clean and easy to navigate.

Thanks for posting!

We always appreciate folks taking the time to notice the hard work and pride we have in making sure the park is clean, accessible and friendly!

See ya soon!

Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Overall we had a wonderful day at the waterpark. We stayed at a nearby condo, so we did not stay on the property. I read the reviews on trip advisor prior to purchasing the tickets and I was grateful to have the tips that were shared. The kids ranged between the ages of 3 to 12, but they all enjoyed the park a lot.

Positives:
1.) We rented a cabana. Although we went on a Monday and it wasn't as busy, it was worth it for our group. I read ahead of time that a lock was needed for the little locker so I was prepared to pay my $5 dollars. Otherwise you end up trying to save a spot on a table somewhere in the park. We were on the Cabana Island, so it was extra nice to sit in the cool of the shade a rest a moment.
2.) The rides off the lazy river were awesome because my three-year old was able to ride in the double tube with me.
3.) The ability to bring in a cooler is a life saver. When the kids came back to the cabana to eat, it was nice.

Improvement Opportunities:
1.) E-Tickets: We purchased our tickets online and I had the email that I was sent. Although I intended to print off the tickets I had forgotten the hard copies in the midst of trying to get on the road. I called the park to understand my options and I was told that they would not accept the electronic version and that I must print hard copies prior to arrival. Well that took some time as I don't travel with a printer so I had to find a place to print. When we arrived the person at the desk said hard copies were necessary because Schlitterbahn did not have a 3D scanner to read the bar code off an electronic device. That is just crazy since paperless should be the ultimate goal.
2.) More Knowledgeable Staff- Since we walked over from the condo, we entered from the side of the hotel lobby as oppose to the main gate. I asked a couple of the staff how to get to guest relations so that we could get to our cabana. The answers ranged from "I've never heard of cabana island" to "I don't know, I am not familiar with that area". I quickly learned to look for more experienced staff. Since I had researched prior to arrival I eventually found the cabana island. Once there the staff quickly got us set-up and pointed me in the right direction. There was only one waiter in the cabana area for a while and he was working so hard. I really wish I remembered his name because he did a great job and was so helpful.

Visited July 2014
Thanks so much for the thorough and detailed post on your visit!

It is always nice to hear the positives and the areas where we can see improvement is needed.

Glad to see that you were well informed prior to arrival...it always makes for much easier experience when you are well aware of all of the amenities we offer, where certain rides and attractions are located (as well as food stands and restrooms). We spend a lot of time working on our schlitterbahn.com website to try and provide as much useful information as possible to assist.

I have shared your comments with our admissions resort team as well to ensure that we address your difficulty with easier entry. We are always looking for ways to better ourselves and your comments do not go unnoticed.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to post and spending some of your summer with us!

We hope to see you back soon.