We arrived without reservations on a beautiful spring weekend (and biker fest) and asked if there were any beach front rooms for 2 nights. The desk manager offered us a great deal (about 40% off the on-line rack rate) and we were happy to take it. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. We especially enjoyed the balcony facing the beach. The hotel was busy, but handled the crowds very well. The $9.95 buffet breakfast offered great variety, good food and good service. A big bonus for us is that the hotel is directly across the road from the South Padre Island Birding Center and the Convention Center. On this particular weekend, the trees behind the Convention Center were filled with migrating warblers, orioles, buntings and more. The Birding Center boardwalks offered great close-up views of many other migrants and resident shore birds.
We'll be back.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hilton Garden Inn hotel is set among the dunes of the Gulf of Mexico beachfront and offers contemporary convenience on the north side of the island. We place you in the heart of the beach action where you can enjoy a gulf sunset, beach horseback riding, parasailing and more. We offer complimentary WiFi throughout our hotel along with a full-service bar and restaurant at the pool and deck. Check out what all our South Padre hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.