After I read the other reviews I had very high hopes but was really disappointed by the reality of this tired looking Hilton. I would like to start out by saying that the lobby is kept very clean and that the hotel pool is very large and fairly well maintained.
the restaurant serves all meals durning the day. The food is inexpensive and very low quality. he menu featured primarily bar type entrees. after several days of this food we felt unhealthy. I recommend D'Pizza about three miles away for a good pizza.
We had.mini suite on the top floor facing the ocean. The baloney was a nice size for enjoying the view. We were disappointed in how shabby and dirty the carpet, shower and walls were. I think the fact that people are permitted to bring dogs to stay contributes to the stains that were very noticeable on the floor. The large duel Paine window is full of condinisation making the large window an eye sore. To make matters worse the glass was filthy with hand prints and smudges. We asked for the window to be cleaned but that never happened. the white towels in the rooms were small, thread bear and dingy.
The large pool is which is below all the expensive view rooms is open for use until 11:00 pm. The laughing, horsing around and general loud party noise went on until well after midnight. I called the front desk twice. They sent out a tiny woman from the front desk to ask people to quite down. Needless to say this was ineffective and very annoying. Romantic enjoyment of the moon and ocean were not possible.
The last bit of information I would like to share is the view of the very large pipes that lead to an under ground sewer holding tank that is pumped out several times a day from a large boat is ever present when you are on your balcony or the surrounding beach. There was a massive pipe rupture while we were there and we watched thousands of gallons of raw sewage being leaked into the ocean about 300 feet from where hotel guests were playing in the water. There were no warning signs posted. This is outrageous!!
I would liken this hotel to one I stayed in in Mexico. be smart and stay somewhere else!!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hilton Garden Inn hotel is set among the dunes of the Gulf of Mexico beachfront and offers contemporary convenience on the north side of the island. We place you in the heart of the beach action where you can enjoy a gulf sunset, beach horseback riding, parasailing and more. We offer complimentary WiFi throughout our hotel along with a full-service bar and restaurant at the pool and deck. Check out what all our South Padre hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.