The hotel is certainly nice compared to the others on the island, but it could be so much better if they would pay attention to some details! I stayed three nights over Thanksgiving with my husband and 9 year old daughter. We were on the 4th floor with a partial ocean view...the view was nice and the balcony big enough to lounge on (although no table on the balcony?). Also, the Thanksgiving buffet was really awful- food quality and choices not good at all. It was an odd atmosphere as well...some band playing, but just odd.
The positive stuff:
- Walk to the beach and it is a very nice part of the beach
- Big pool (although they said it was heated, but it wasn't)
- Two hot tubs
- Plenty of chairs by pool
- Nice showers to clean the sand off before you get to the pool
- Large rooms with fridge and micro
- Nice lobby and bar area
- Free parking
- Cute convenience shop onsite
Things that need to get improved:
- Front desk service lacking and didn't aknowledge hilton gold benefits
- The breakfast was "ok"- good service but the food never changed the entire time and the waffles and french toast was cold and soggy
- Room not that clean...sticky tables, etc.
- We had to ask 3 times for the room to be cleaned the first night- and finally after 5:00 PM they cleaned it
- Housekeeping never restocked anything- we had to call and ask for more shampoo and conditioner, more toilet paper, etc.
- The Thanksgiving dinner buffet was terrible
- Pool towels you have to ask for at the front desk
- No pool service
- We saw several cockroaches by the pool area
Again, it should be a nice hotel given it's location and it's pretty new...they just need to pay some attention to the details and the food quality.
We also ate at the South Padre Brewing Company and Pier 19 - both were great. We also went on the Pirate Ship tour and we had a fabulous time- much more fun than we thought it was going to be! Our nine year old love it!!