“Great for Birders and Lovers” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Extended Stays
Forest Hills, New York
“Great for Birders and Lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

As an anniversary gift to my parents my husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for the thanksgiving weekend on the fourth floor in suites for two nights. We chose this hotel because it is across the street from the Birding Refuge and the Turtle Center. It is away from the busy part of the Island; The beach is less crowded and quitter. Great Sunrise from our balcony every morning while sipping coffee and sunsets in the evening drinking margaritas make for a romantic end to the day.

The pool and hot tubs are clean and beautiful. Ocean view rooms overlook the pool and the beach. There is a board walk to the beach.

Manny, Margaritas and Music are not to be missed! Manny at the bar will make you any drink you request. He made our visit fun. There is a great happy hour with $3 margaritas!!! Live music by a husband and wife team, "Mixed Bag" fun and very festive. You have to see/hear it to believe it.

Coffee was available in the lobby each morning.

The suites were large and clean with a large balcony with two lounge chairs, four chairs and a table. There were two large rooms; a bedroom and living room with a pull-out sofa-bed. Both rooms had large flat screen TV’s. The beds are so comfortable; the firmness is adjustable. There is a dial on both sides of the mattress to adjust each side to your desired comfort. The bathroom was a standard hotel bathroom. Coffee maker, frig in room. I asked if we had safes in the room and was told yes, both rooms were missing their safes. Called the front desk and within minutes, a man knocked on the door and replaced the safe. I did not put anything of value in the safe since they seem to be easily removed and replaced.

Breakfast was $9.99 per person. The staff in the dining room all worked very hard to make sure we had everything we needed for breakfast. There is both a buffet and hot made to order items. They offered everything I could think of for breakfast and more. Delicious and fresh.

Free parking, free internet. Business center with printer. Fitness room is on the first floor.

The hotel is so quiet. There were many college basketball teams staying at the hotel and we could not hear any noise in the halls or adjoining rooms.

I love this hotel and would probably stay again next year and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying on South Padre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Loved the hotel and location. Clean and amazing rooms. Only issue was the high price of room service, but the food was quite good at least. The rooms are large and the views are amazing. The pool is large and fun, and the hottubs are fun. If the pool was heated that would have made it perfect.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
oxnard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a wonderful property!!! Location, Location, Location! The staff is exceptional. They truly care that your experience is the best it can be!!! "The Key to your DREAMS is in your hands." is printed on the envelope that holds your room keys...it is so true! When you open the door to your suite...walk out onto the balcony...hear the waves...yes, DREAMS come true! Irving is exemplary, he goes above and beyond to make your stay one that you will remember the rest of your life!!!

Room Tip: Ocean View Suites
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

When we first walked into the hotel we noticed how clean and nice it was. For a beach town, there wasn't any sand or dirt to be seen. Our check in process was handled quickly and efficiently and we headed up to our fourth floor room with partial ocean view. Our room was immaculate and large enough to feel spacious - and the view was great. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony each evening, sipping on cocktails and listening to the waves.

And every member of the hotel staff, from the gentleman who brought us a new television remote control, to the front desk staff, to the bartenders with whom we spent an hour or so each night, were all very friendly and attentive. if we get another chance to make a trip to South Padre Island, I'm sure we will stay here again.

Ottawa, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Don't let the name fool you. It has a very diverse menu with extremely low prices. The restaurant runs specials daily that seem to last until 8:00 p.m. This includes food as well as drinks. The carbo bean soup is great (Mexicans consider this a bowl of beans) but has the consistency and taste of a good soup. Check out the seafood selections as well as the fish tacos in a corn tortilla with avacado. It is a very good choice. The chicken, grape sandwich with arvarde cheese sounds strange but is very delicious. Initially I did not want to eat at a Hilton, given all the restaurant selections of seafood on South Padre, but I am glad I did.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We managed to snare this hotel for one week 11/1-07 for 50 bucks a nite on expedia. Beach side location with a good restaurant which was not too expensive. Across the street there is a sea turtle rescue facility and an elevated boardwalk where you can see many varied shore birds
highly recommended...

Room Tip: 4 th floor best choice ask for an ocean view
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

First Impression:
I arrived at the hotel close to midnight. The lobby was immaculate. I was there for business, but the ambiance made me feel like I was at the start of a nice, peaceful vacation. I was pretty exhausted, but the front desk clerk was bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and very friendly. That's kind of hard to do at midnight...especially at work! LOL

The Room in General:
When I opened the door to my room, I was beyond impressed. It was HUGE! There was a very nice sitting area with a computer desk, connections, and a nice television. The living room furniture was kind of modern, beach-y chic. The color palette was tasteful & perfect for relaxation. I have nothing against the wonderfully obnoxious primary color palette that is common in some "modern" designs, but I really appreciated peaceful blue versus, say...raging red for this particular visit. Kudos to the design team! On the way to the bedroom, there was a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, & closet with a safe. They also have a dry cleaning service & had a price list available, should that be a necessary amenity for the guest(s).

Bathroom:
The bathroom was pretty standard for a hotel of this caliber. Of course, like most hotels, they provide the things that we sometimes forget. (Soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc.) They also offered a sample of a fragrant salt scrub. I am all about the little things, so what got me about the bathroom is that the bath towels were IN THE SHOWER! LOVED that seemingly simple detail. I didn't have to get out of the shower to start drying off. I thought that was great.
Shampoo-$ x.xx
Conditioner- $ x.xx
Sea Salt Scrub- $ x.xx
Not Being Cold After a Shower- PRICELESS!

Quality of Sleep:
Well...my intention was to jump right into bed and crash, but with such an awesome view of the pool area, how could I?! Did I mention that I had a nice poolside sitting area with a table and chairs? So...instead of sleeping, I opened the glass doors, enjoyed the breeze & took in the beautiful scenery. Eventually, I did go to bed, but quite honestly, I can't say how I felt about it because it was a K.O. I just know that I woke up. LOL

Breakfast: I had a great omelet that was made-to-order. There were several other options as well. Please, people...TIP them to show appreciation for their service. I was a little disappointed to see people walk away and leave nothing in the jar.

Complaints: I am really disappointed with Hilton because had I known that it was going to exceed my expectations, I would have extended my stay and had my family join me. Midnight until 7:00 am (checkout is at 11:00) was simply not enough time to fully appreciate the facility. In fact, I think they owe me for such an important omission! LOL jk

TOTALLY STAY HERE, GUYS! They will take care of you.

Room Tip: I really loved my room, which was poolside. The beautiful blue water, cabana lighting, & night...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island? Share your experiences!