“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

956-761-7437
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Fish & Chips
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a comfortable casual family restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and diner. WE also have a full service bar.
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Came to have lunch. Nice view of ocean from restaurant, ordered the blackened grouper. It was very good. Staff was friendly and food was good and fresh. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
spiislandstylin, Manager at Pier 19, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We all appreciate your comments and business. We all Thank You and appreciate. We all look forward to serving you and all of our guests in the future. Please also join us at our other restaurants Pirate's landing, Sea Ranch, Marcello's and Laguna bob's.

Southlake, Texas
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good breakfast for a reasonable price. Wanda had a breakfast BLT that was very good and I had an omlete covered in gravy, not a dish for the timid.

Visited August 2013
Coppell, Texas
“great location on the pier”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On Sunday as we're about to leave SPI. Since I had burgers and everything else prior, I really wanted some seafood before we leave the island.

We got there a bit late, around 1p. Surprisingly, it was another 20min wait before we were seated. We had great views on both side for the pier as the restaurant is situated lengthwise to the pier (it's shaped as a long rectangle).

Anyway, after waiting for 20min to be seated, it was another 5 or 10min before we were greeted. After our order was taken, it was a good 20min again before we were served. By then, the kids were hungry, and everyone was grumpy as it's now closer to 2pm, and we've only had breakfast earlier that morning.

So the food finally arrived. Have to say the portion was good size as I had ordered the large sampler platter for $21. My daughter had the chicken sandwich, and my older son had a burger....again. My youngest son had popcorn shirmp, and wife had halibut fish. Overall, it was all very good.

Reason for the 4 stars is really due to their lack of slow service. Again, the first 20min wait for table after 1p was a bit long as when we were finally seated, there were other open tables, so not sure why the wait. And the service-the waiter was friendly, but we had to ask for water few times, and also the toy hat/boat he had given to some kids at another table and skipped us. I finally had to ask him if we can have one as well as my youngest is only 6yrs old.

If I could have rated the food and service seperate, I would say 4 stars for food, and no more than 2 stars for service, thus the average 3 stars given here.

Visited September 2013
We all appreciate your comments and business. We are a very busy restaurant and a wait is very common. The average time for a order to be taken and delivered is 20 minutes sounds like you were in a hurry and having a cranky afternoon. There is always a manager to discuss any issues and when guests are in a rush it is always good to advise the manager and server. We look forward to serving you and all of our guests in the future.
Devine, Texas
“Great Start, Bad Finish & Worse Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Restaurant view of bay was very nice. Food pricing & menu was par for a family type of seafood restaurant. Service started out excellent, to the point of us discussing how good & friendly our waiter was. It all started to go downhill as waiter arrived with our food. We requested napkins, ketchup and tarter sauce for our seafood......waiter left..... came back........ left.......came back and I asked for tarter sauce again. He left & after about 8 minutes or so, I got up to check the kitchen pick up area for tarter sauce. Staff said they were out of tarter sauce......... at a seafood restaurant............about 6pm on a Wednesday. I asked staff to have manager swing by and went back to my seat. My waiter finally came back to apologize that they were out of tarter sauce, I gave him my cold seafood platter & asked for check, manager came by about 15 minutes after initial request to tell me they were out of sauce. I told him I sent platter back, he simply replied "does anyone else want to send food back", as he laid tarter sauce on table & walked off. No communication on how he'd resolve his mismanagement issue & definitely no explanation or apology. Once again we wait for someone to come with check so we could leave, additional 5 minutes pass, I grab random waiter & asked for manager & waiter so we can leave. About 10 minutes later the mgr comes with plate, here's a fresh plate. After all this time, there was no communication from this manager that food was being prepared or replaced. I told him we were leaving and a few other choice words. All he could ask was if I wanted to take it to go. He even looked shocked as I asked him to keep food & remove my plate from our check. More so, when I asked him to discount the rest of the check, due to his lack of communication to resolve the problem. Ultimately his lack of planning was the cause for the issue, but this biggest disappointment was his lack of social skills to handle the situation. Everyone is going to mess up at some point of their life and day. That's not the issue at hand, it's how you stand up and handle the issue/obstacle/problem that shows your true ability for leadership and ultimately what makes your business a business worth going.

If your tired of badly managed facilities, Go somewhere else!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
spiislandstylin, Manager at Pier 19, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We acknowledge and appreciate your comments. Although we are all sorry to hear your comments there is also another side and no need to drag it out on trip advisor. You are partially correct and you were a difficult customer to please and certainly were not accepting the fact we ran out of a item and were focused on the "what can you get for free" attitude.
“Never going back there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Bad environment drunk people everywhere. People came after us and finished before us. Really bad service took us almost 3 hours. Only with 2 other people. I think some guy had a heart attack....

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
We appreciate your comments and business. Yes we are a busy restaurant and you failed to mention the hour wait you waited the hour long meal and the hour you took sitting at the table waiting for the fireworks show. We appreciate when guests tell the whole story. Yes there was a medical emergency and that also is beyond our control. Our policy is not to let guests become intoxicated so that is not a clear remark.