“Yummies is a spectacular place to drop in and grab a bite!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
“Yummies is a spectacular place to drop in and grab a bite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed everything that we had at Yummies! The atmosphere was fun and friendly, their menu incorporates a lot of the local flavors in their offerings. The smoothies and fraps were delicious! The skillet with potatoes, chorizo, shrimp, beans, cheese, leeks (and I'm sure a few other ingredients I'm forgetting to mention), served with two eggs on top and sourdough toast was fabulous!! As was the salsa that accompanied it!! Yummies is the place to stop for breakfast/lunch.. Although it's sad that it closes at two and is closed on Tuesdays.

• Visited June 2013

Addison, Texas
“it was yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

You must try the cleanse salad - you'll love it!! We also had the Belgian waffles with strawberries, and pancakes. Everything was delicious!

Visited May 2013
Harlingen, Texas
“Don't miss Yummies.........Perfect place, especially if you need a break from fried food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I visit the Island about 10 times during the summer and never miss a breakfast at Yummies. I'm typically not a salad eater but wanted something light for lunch and Yummies did not disappoint. I had the Combo salad which comes with a beautiful assortment of fruits, egg salad, tuna salad, and chicken salad. The soup was also excellent (shrimp and potato) yummy!!!! The plate was so impressive that I took a picture of it. Oh and the coffee is to die for. LOVE IT ALL

• Visited June 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Premier for Padre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

There is not really much to brag about food wise on the island, especially if you have worn yourself out with fried food. BUT, Yummies does it right! I am slowly working myself through everything on the menu. Not a ho-hum thing yet. Last weekend my son and grandson ordered the bacon stuffed waffle with eggs on top, and I thought they might dissolve into a bliss coma. Shrimp and grits.... yummy, like the name says, Club sandwich... great, fresh ingredients, Salads...so much variety, delicious, Quesidillas, all kinds! I would eat here everyday if I could. It has certainly become a top favorite with our family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
houston, tx
“Can't miss, won't miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The minute we walked into this small and extremely clean family run establishment we knew we had found our S. Padre GO TO place for coffee, breakfast and lunch. The service is excellent, very accommodating and attentive. (I can imagine the place gets pretty packed in high season though, so be patient).
The second time we stopped in it was apparent they recognized us. We could tell from the other customer greetings that they took special care to remember their clientele, there were many "usual" customers.
Ours is a family of five and we had breakfast both days. Everyone loved what they ate. There were healthy options and they were helpful with dietary restrictions, offering reasonable substitutions. And did I mention clean? You can just tell the pride they have in their place.
Unfortunately, we learned about it late in our stay or we would have had more meals. They are not open for dinner, however. But just as well - We need some diversity.
They did have a bar area and wines visible, but we did not partake during this trip. We will return.

• Visited May 2013